Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to Update Owner Information 8300?

hello All, I have an 8300 Curve which was previoulsy on an Enterprise Server.  After finshing employment it is now linked to my individual email account but no matter what I try I can't update the Owner Information which will display when the phone is locked down.   This is unfortunate as I think the Owner Info can be a good tool if the phone got lost or misplaced.   Any ideas???   I have tried removing all data, a hard boot and restore but this did not work.   Cheers
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Re: How to Update Owner Information 8300?

Should be as easy as going to Settings>Owner
CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

New Contributor

I wish it was that easy.   I can get into Options - Owner information - but when I try and type into this field nothing happens - its as though the Enterprise Server is still locking me out even though it is no longer in use.   Still confused
Regular Contributor

www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/67224-remove-policy.html
New Contributor

thanks Frank.

Very useful indeed.   Not sure if I will risk it as my BB is finally working exactly as I like and the fear of stuffing that all up just to update the Owner Information is my dilema.   But I will certainly file the information and if I have a need to re-install anything then I will certainly use the info provided to clear the IT policy at that time.

Cheers

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900

Trust me, the link given by Frank works a treat with no problems.  I'm a Proefessional Services Manger for a mobile/Blackberry comapany and use this fix all the time when we get trial handsets back that have been locked to a server IT Policy.  If they locked the owner info, than you should use this link and I bet you find a lot more things were policied in the device because of the Policy.