Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
genieve_rozaldo
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: globe telecom

How to add custom Dictionary?

Hi!

I have a dictionary file (.dic) and i would like to add it to my blackberry. the contents of this .dic file is a simple text that i can open through notepad. how am i going to add it in my blackberry so that i am not going to add them in my custom dictionary one by one? any idea??

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How to add custom Dictionary?

Hi genieve_rozaldo

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You can refer to this Article for help : BlackBerry 101: Word Substitution and the Custom Dictionary and 

Add, change, or delete a word in the custom dictionary

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
genieve_rozaldo
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: globe telecom

Re: How to add custom Dictionary?

hi! thank you for early response....

it could be a good suggestion but what i am looking for is the 'database' of custom dictionary inside my blackberry. yes, i am aware i can add custom words by adding them 'one by one' using my phone, but i already have the dictionary file (contains around 4,000 words) saved from my computer and what i want is to make these 4,000 words be added to my custom dictionary in blackberry.... is there any way i can just copy and paste this dictionary file to my blackberry? thanks again....

Please use plain text.