Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
HandaManyu
My Carrier: AIRTEL

How to change .rem format ??

I've blackberry curve 9380 and it's just 5 months old. I enabled the encryption by mistake and after that all the images i received via Whatsapp or downloaded, have turned into .rem format. How can i change that format to .jpg format ?? Please help me out...those are very important pictures

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How to change .rem format ??

You need to disable the encryption on the device. You can't just change the format to .jpg. That's what encryption does. It encrypts data so that it cannot be used on anything but the device that encrypted it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HandaManyu

I've updated the OS & then changed the encryption...but now can't see those files on even my device...

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Have you tried re-enabling the encryption?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HandaManyu

yes...but it still doesn't show those files..

Please use plain text.