Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to clean uninstall desktop software and reinstall from scratch

I have a bb curve 8330 with v4.5.0.89 installed in it and desktop software v4.7. I want to do a clean uninstall and reinstall the software but am not sure how to get rid of the registry keys and folders. Can you post a step by step guide on how to do it? I already have the driver files and the latest software files for 4.7.

Thank you! Anyone for kuddos this morning please?

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to clean uninstall desktop software and reinstall from scratch

Here you go:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/25937-how-perform-clean-uninstall-reinstall-blackberry-...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to clean uninstall desktop software and reinstall from scratch

ok. the operation was successful, however the software is now telling me I cant upload any more music as it is ful, my media card says I have 2.6 gb of memory, and the software is telling me I only have 4 gb... HOw is this? also there is no sign of roxio software to be found, only sync with i tunes... please continue to hel you are doing good. thanks!