Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Developer
rgelb1
My Device: Not Specified

How to copy all the SMS messages to a computer?

How to copy all the SMS messages to a computer? Or back them up or something? Because the phone does not seem to save all these messages,

they seem to go away after a while, even though i set them to be kept forever.

Thanks. 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to copy all the SMS messages to a computer?

You can do a backup of your device... the back IPD will save the SMS.

You can also look at one of the SMS sync applications. Look at the Dexrex app in AppWord, or here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/133184-sms-archiving-software.html?highlight=SM...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
rgelb1
My Device: Not Specified

Dexrex only copies new messages, not existing ones.  I need the existing ones ideally imported into Outlook.

I did do a backup and it created an IPD file.  How do I now see the contents of the SMS mesages? 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Use ABC Amber IPD Converter to extract the SMS messages to file you can use.

Search google for ABC Amber IPD Converter.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart
My Device: Z10

Have you tried to Forward As an email to yourself and then keep it wherever you want? It's not ideal but will get you where you wanna be.
New Contributor
albertling
My Device: 9500 Storm

[ Edited ]

SMS is as important as email and sometime more important then email.  I can't imagine while BLACK BERRY ENGINEER NEVER though of including SMS SYNCRONISATION and ACHIVING into the BLACK BERRY DESKTOP...  IT SUPPOSE TO BE ABLE TO SEND AND RECEIVE SMS LIKE SENDING EMAIL OFF FROM DESKTOP,

please look at the following application.

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

it is called MyPhoneExplorer and now it is supporting Android-Phones.. of which make it so much eazier for me to send SMS and backup my sms from my phone to my notebook and be able to free it off my phone and when ever i need to retrive it i can go back to my notebook and just search for it. 

BLACK BERRY ENGINEER>>> note of advice... if you guys don't keep up by making your phone user life much convenient and not making them suffer been handicapped because you think that it is important... think again... I like Black Berry.. but if the one who design the black berry does not take into consideration of the small small details and PAIN of the user... I don't think i will stay much longer and there is nothing much to BLACK BERRY NOW... as your competitors are increasing their level of penetration into the business segment ...  Your only strong point is your messenger and others are gaining on it... 

Unless you change.. there is no way you can survive next 5 years...  Good luck to you all.. 

EDIT: Inappropriate Content Removed

New Developer
sandro21
My Device: blackberry bold 9700

I have heard that if you do a back-up of your bb with the DM, there is a program that will let you export the sms from the IDP (blackberry backup files). I saw it in another thread - I remember it was called Amber Blackberry Converter...its a 1 months trial only, you could do a search for that, and see if it works for you.

Method of Extending My BB Battery life To Share With You All!

http://www.solarchargerpro.com/category/news

dylandrew
My Device: Curve 8900

rgelb1 wrote:

How to copy all the SMS messages to a computer? Or back them up or something? Because the phone does not seem to save all these messages,

Thanks. 

To transfer Android SMS to pc, you need to have an USB cable which you connect to your phone and laptop. You will see an installation bubble pop up in the bottom right of your screen. On your Android phone pull down the notification window and tap USB connected. Tap Mount on the notification window that appears. Find the removable storage drive and drag and drop the desired files to the drive. In your phones notification window tap Turn off USB storage and then unplug your phone.

bobbybrend
My Device: Samsung galaxy s2

[ Edited ]

dylandrew wrote:

rgelb1 wrote:

Thanks. 

To copy all the SMS messages to a computer, you need to have an USB cable which you connect to your phone and laptop. You will see an installation bubble pop up in the bottom right of your screen. On your Android phone pull down the notification window and tap USB connected. Tap Mount on the notification window that appears. Find the removable storage drive and drag and drop the desired files to the drive. In your phones notification window tap Turn off USB storage and then unplug your phone.

More information: http://www.recovery-android.com

In the left column, you have phonebook, sms, organiser and call records. When u select sms, u will have three options at the bottom: computer, phone ms, phone sim. Click on computer to display the messages stored in pc studio.

Steve_T
My Device: Curve 8520

I have locked this as it is quite an old topic

If you have a similar issue/question please create a new post

Steve_T                                                                                                                                New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png