Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
npiguy
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to delete preloaded pictures?

I want to delete all the preloaded pictures from my 8330 but cant seem to see them in Media manager... Is there a way to delete them to free up memory?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: How to delete preloaded pictures?

There is a link in my link in my signature called Maximize BlackBerry Memory that shows how to do this, among other things.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
npiguy

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the response but....

This doesn't work on my new Sprint 8330. I don't have the directories (shared, Java etc.) you say to go to in your guide. I have no.cod files at all and do not have a Blackberry.alx file. I do have the vendor.xml but have not delected it. I have run a search on my harddrive for the files and find nothing (yes looking in hidden folders) I think all the images are in a .dll file...Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hmilliner

On my 8310 if I go directly to the folder on the handheld, select delete, power off and turn the handheld back on they're deleted when it restarts.

Hope this helped.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

You have to also have the OS installed on the computer for your BB.  If you follow the instructions in my thread on BlackBerryforums.com you'll see where I talk about installing the OS.  When you don't have the Shared folder it means you didn't install the OS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
npiguy

Got it and it worked perfectly. Thanks a million
Please use plain text.
vbaxley1976

Can u please help me with this? I am trying to delete the preloaded pictures on my blackberry pearl.  Thanks
Please use plain text.
WildwildRose
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8130
My Carrier: Telus

Hi, I am kinda lost as to where to find the link you suggest Jeremy...could you possibly let me know....those pics are driving me nuts as taking up way too much room!

Please use plain text.