Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
rjsphd
My Device: Not Specified

How to fix messed up media card

Hi,

Something went wrong with a sync to my  AT&T Curve 8310 using PocketMac,the absolute worst software product I have used in years.  Anyway, my entire media card is blank and I am getting an error message that says

“A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors.  To correct the errors, please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer.”

Well, I have no such utiltiy.  I can replace most of the missing data. But

1)  how do I reformat/fix the memory card?  Under the Media Card menu it says the card cannot be read, be sure its formated? 
2) once fixed, how do I email pictures and ringtones to reinstall on my phone?

thanks in advance
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: How to fix messed up media card

First, you'll need a card reader for your computer.  Mount the card in your computer and reformat the card.

Once it's reformatted, your BlackBerry should be able to read it.  Now, format it again in your BlackBerry - this will not only format the card to the format the BlackBerry wants, but will also create a base directory structure that your native BlackBerry Applications can use.  The standard driectory structure is like this:

• BlackBerry
    • \documents
    • \music
    • \pictures
    • \ringtones

You may get other subdirectories under BlackBerry depending on other applications you've installed and what version OS the device is running.

Although you can email your pictures and ringtones to yourself and save them to the card, it would be a lot easier to just enable Mass Storage Mode on your BlackBerry, then connect it to your computer.  When you connect it, the SD card will appear as a removeable drive on your computer.  Simply copy the files you want to use to the appropriate directory on the SD card.

Jerry
Please use plain text.
jirinet
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to fix messed up media card

hello

i was having trouble with my blackberry curve from verizon, and at the time my media card worked. but now that i got my phone fixed my media card doesnt work anymore. it keeps saying..

"media card cannot be read. verify that the memory cad is formatted."

i have tried to see if it was the phone but the same thing shows on every other phone. what can i do???

Please use plain text.