Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G

Re: How to get music off of my computer to my blackberry curve

Thanks for replying so quickly.   I did not realize that the music from my CD had to be converted to MP3 format; just figured putting them on the computer was enough.   There is still a great deal that I need to know about computers, even though I am online a great deal it is generally just the usual basic stuff.    I am learning though, bit by bit, have managed to muddle my way through a lot of the Blackberry stuff but the ringtones just defeated me completely.    I had a Palm Treo smartphone prevously but the most important part of it was my SmartList to Go program and databases, which are no longer supported by the maker Dataviz and which do not of course transfer to the Blackberry.    I need something that I can use in their place.    At present I do not intend to even use e-mail on my phone but will check out at least linking it to Windows Live instead of Outlook; I am sure there must be something in the online instruction book about that.  

Thanks for the help; it is much appreciated.  

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681

canadianxstitcher wrote:

I need something that I can use in their place.  

There are other ways to convert your music to MP3, but I find iTunes quite straight forward albeit it can be a little daunting like anything new.

One the reasons I use it is so that I can copy the music to a recordable disc for use in the car, thus preserving my CD's is pristine condition.

canadianxstitcher wrote:

At present I do not intend to even use e-mail on my phone but will check out at least linking it to Windows Live instead of Outlook; I am sure there must be something in the online instruction book about that.  

If you have no need to be syncing calenders, then Outlook is a complication you can happily live without.

The easiest way to set up your email is to do it on PC and login in to your BIS account and you even get your carrier to do it or to walk you through it.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520

HELLO I HAVE A BLACKBERRY CURVE 8520 AND I AM TRYING TO TRANSFER MUSIC TO IT FROM MA LAPTOP BUT WHEN I PLUG THE USB IN IT IS CHARGING THE PHONE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND WHEN I OPEN MY COMPUTER TO SEE IF THE DEVICE SHOWS I SEE REMOVEABLE DISK AND WHEN I CLICK ON IT IT SAYS PLEASE INSERT A DISK I AM GETTING FUSTRATED WHAT SHOULD I DO HELP MEEEE

MBoyd
My Device: blackberry curve

[ Edited ]

hi i just got a blackberry curve and would like to download some music from my lap top to my cell can you please help me ?

My Device: Blackberry curve 9300

I have WindowsXP Pro .Earlier when I connected my Curve to the USB port after selecting the files(usually music) a window opened up listing the various drives on my computer.When I clicked on the command 'Copy 'after selecting 'blackberry' in the  drives field ,the files got copied on the Curve.I have reformatted the 'c'drive on the desktop lately.Now I cannot transfer the music because the MY Computer window does not recognise the Curve.I would appreciate if someone can tell me how can I do this.

Chat.