Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

bates4331
My Device: Not Specified

How to get music off of my computer to my blackberry curve

Hello my name is Michael Bates and i am brand new to the board.I have a blackberry curve and i can not figure out how to get the music i have stored on my computer to download it onto my blackberry.I do have a memory card already.If you could help me i would sure appreciate it.Thanks
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: How to get music off of my computer to my blackberry curve

[ Edited ]
Hi and welcome to the forums!

You can use a PC to transfer info between the PC and the media card.
Basically you will attach the USB to the BB and the PC. Don't use desktop
manager. Go to "My Computer" on the PC and the BB will show as a flash drive.
Then you can "drag and drop" files to the BB.
Use the following settings in the media card options:

Media card support ON

Encryption mode NONE

Media transfer protocol ON (Storm and Bold only)

Mass storage support ON

Auto enable Mass storage support when connected ON

Thanks,

Bifocals
Message Edited by Bifocals on 02-06-2009 04:37 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
narry
My Device: 8300

My device is already attached via data cable to my computer, then even i'm not able to find BB in my computer options. can u plz help me with that?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lordraco
My Device: Curve 8900

Get Scrobbler from using Last.fm and tweet your music using tweemylast.fm.  It will let your follower knows what your listening to. 

Sync problem no more.

If you still haven't install blackberry desktop manager get it with all the driver support and your blackberry would be recognise faster by your pc/laptop/workstation.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lin2ton
My Device: blackberry bold 9700

:smileyvery-happy:HI

My name is Tony and I have just bought my BB Bold,I have had proplems transferring a music file to my BB and was looking for help when I read your explanation to another user of this forum,this is the first time i have used this forum and just wanted to say Thank you very much for your helpful advice on this subject.

Regard,

Tony

Please use plain text.
carter1019
My Device: curve

hi im jordan and im soo confused like i just wana be able to bluetooth the msuic of something can someone tell me step by step how to?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
canadianxstitcher
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G

I just got my Blackberry Curve 3G last week and your instructions are only good up to a point.  I managed to drag and drop the music to the M drive but you lost me at the media card options  part.   I cannot see any reference whatsoever to it.    It appears that only calendar, tasks and memo actually sync to my computer/device; nothing else does.  I just want to get a couple of ringtones onto my phone; why is it so hard to do this?    Right now I can barely hear it; the tones on it are so blah that I do not even realize someone is calling me.  

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681

Hi

canadianxstitcher wrote:

Right now I can barely hear it; the tones on it are so blah that I do not even realize someone is calling me.  

The device should have come with a lot of ringtones. The volume will be dictated by your sound profile. if you hit Loudspeaker Icon and then Edit profiles you can select the tone and volume.

canadianxstitcher wrote:

It appears that only calendar, tasks and memo actually sync to my computer/device; nothing else does.  I just want to get a couple of ringtones onto my phone; why is it so hard to do this?

You should be able to sync with Outlook and iTunes although, perhaps like me, you will have too much on iTunes to sync, but you can easily get music on using DTS (latest desk top) which is particularly good as it tells you how much space left on the MC so that you can fill it if you wish.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
canadianxstitcher
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G

I do not use itunes.  I have never had an ipod, iphone, i-anything or even an MP3 player.  I do not like things in my ears and there are not hundreds of songs I want to hear.    I uploaded a few songs from my CDs onto my computer and am supposed to be able to transfer them to my Blackberry but cannot figure out how.    I want something recognizable that I will identify immediately with my phone.   I went through all the ringtones that are on the device and not one of them was of any use and I do have the sound turned up.  

I connected the device to the computer with the USB cable and moved the songs to the M drive but they did not go onto the phone, or if they did I have no idea where they are.  

Also, I do not use Outlook.   I used to have it but switched to Windows Live when I got my new computer that has Windows 7 on it.    Do I have to go back to Outlook?   

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681

canadianxstitcher wrote:

Also, I do not use Outlook.   I used to have it but switched to Windows Live when I got my new computer that has Windows 7 on it.    Do I have to go back to Outlook?   

You don't actually have to do anything. providing you have a Blackberry Data Plan from your carrier you can link up to 10 email addresses. You could use Outlook to sync with the BB, but you don't have to do so. Thats your choice. If you've only got the 1 email, Outlook is a pain. I have 9 and its still a pain, but I can sync it with the BB.

canadianxstitcher wrote:

I do not use itunes.  I have never had an ipod, iphone, i-anything or even an MP3 player.  I do not like things in my ears and there are not hundreds of songs I want to hear.    

Ditto, you dont have to use iTunes, all I said is that you can.

canadianxstitcher wrote:

I connected the device to the computer with the USB cable and moved the songs to the M drive but they did not go onto the phone, or if they did I have no idea where they are.  

I assume the computer recognises the memory card as Drive M on your computer.  You should be able to drag and drop them to the MC but they MUST be in MP3 format. So no doubt they are on the BB but cannot be read.

You haven't previously done say, but downloading iTunes and then sticking the cd is free and straight forward and converts the CD to MP3.  Move the chosen songs to a playlist and move the playlist to the BB.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.