Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange France

How to get rid of volume warning?

Hi!

I've got a Curve 9320 instead of 8900 recently. And I cannot find how to get rid of that annoying warning about exceeding the recommended volume.

Every time I tick the checkbox "I understand this warning" and then click on Continue button. And it's OK until the next turn off of the 9320 (I turn it off every night). The next morning it will give that warning again if I will try to increase the volume of music.

Where I can find an option to switch that warning message off?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: How to get rid of volume warning?

Hey f13bis,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Open Media on the BlackBerry Curve 9320 smartphone and press menu>Options.  Put a checkmark for Audio Boost and accept the terms and press Menu>Save.  Then try to increase the volume.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi!

Thanks for the advice. But there is no Audio Boost item in the Options menu (just in case I checked both Options and Media Options).
Maybe it's because of some specifics of the firmware (my mobile provider is Orange France)?
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Thanks for the quick reply f13bis.

What version of BlackBerry device software are you running on the BlackBerry Curve 9320 smartphone?  Type myver in a message to get this information?

Also did you recently update the device software?

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi!

Myver shows 9320/7.1.0.714 (B2039).
When I check for software updates it gives me a message "Your BlackBerry is up to date".
New Contributor

Sorry, forgot to say I have not done any updates. I've got the device with the version I specified above.
My Carrier: o2

Me too, and I got told today that I'd been listening to music at this volume for 20 hours so it would limit the volume (this was not the case, but I had to adjust the volume and agree AGAIN to the t&c's that my ears would eventually implode etc etc etc... I loved my 8900 for that fact the it did belt out a reasonable headphone volume and my recent 9320 is all that was and more, apart fromt the repeated flipping warnings about damaged my ears (and I'm a responsible adult and I understand I may damage my hearing as a result of the headphone volume etc).

A solution would be greatly appreciated by anyone who knows a way around this mildly irritating feature.

Oh, and hello everyone. I look forward to many an hour on this forum. :smileyhappy:

My Device: BlackBerry 9320
My Carrier: O2

Seriously annoying.

Have had my Curve 9320 for just over a year. The volume was decent. Upgraded to OS 7.1.0 Bundle 2931 and now the volume isn't as loud (even at maximum)...and I get this stupid warning after 20 hours at max volume and it auto-decreases the volume. And it's not like I've used it for 20 hours solid! It gets used for less than an hour at a time while I am using public transport.

I think it's disgusting to force limitations upon users. If you are concerned about damage to childrens ears then you should build it into a parental control. I am a 32 year old adult and it should be up to me how loud I want my music.

I too have searched for this AudioBoost option and cannot find it anywhere...but the new system software has taken away many useful functions like diagnostic tools, so I'm not surprised I can't find it. Hell, the first update I did stopped my phone from working unless I removed my media card. Seriously flaky. Has actually made me consider purchasing a new phone and moving away from BlackBerry.

My Device: 9320
My Carrier: o2

i'm having the same problem on my 9360 Curve, i control volume on my headset, tried following the suggestions above but can't find audioboost, suggestions please?