Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

yassminehelmy
My Carrier: Vodafone - Egypt

How to reset my curve 8520 to factory setteings

I want to format my phone ause its been very slow lately and freezes alot ! hwo do i do that

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sujjy10
My Carrier: myself

Re: How to reset my curve 8520 to factory setteings

if you would like to "wipe" your phone to factory setting stage the the following steps are going into options---->security----->security wipe------->then tick everything off and type blackberry at the bottom and the wipe button will be activated and all you have to do is press it and your phone will reach a factory reset

hope this helps

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sujjy10
My Carrier: myself

sorry that was wrong i just grabbed a 8520 that i found in my house and the steps to wipe it are firstly go to options------->security options--------->general settings-------->press the bb button and click wipe handheld--------->tick off third party applications if you want to loose them all------->click continue and type blackberry and hit the enter button and the blackberry will now reset and reach factor state 

hope this actually helps sorry about the one above

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hany_max
My Carrier: mobinil

Thanks this step helped me :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
shawie60
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi guys can I ask what to do if the scren and buttons are locked?? we cant acess the menu's at all
any idea's please ??
glenn
Please use plain text.
Alex_Sdy
My Carrier: O2

Hello guys,

Today i restore my bb factory settings incl 3rd party apps. and now facing problem how to set up mail accounts or download apps. Your reply on this matter is appreciated.

Please use plain text.
mansourelmasry
My Carrier: vodafone

thank you more i was really need it.
Please use plain text.
nyy
nyy
My Carrier: tmobile

How to reset my curve 8520

so.. i'm on my fourt blackberry, and the past 3 have done the same thing as this one.. i reboot it, and it just freezes. usually it's meant to verify my security or software, or whatever it is that happens when you reboot it and the little loading screen comes up.. but this doesn't happen, it's apparently a software problem, but how do i fix this quickly without going to get a new one?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: How to reset my curve 8520

nyy wrote:

so.. i'm on my fourt blackberry, and the past 3 have done the same thing as this one.. i reboot it, and it just freezes. usually it's meant to verify my security or software, or whatever it is that happens when you reboot it and the little loading screen comes up.. but this doesn't happen, it's apparently a software problem, but how do i fix this quickly without going to get a new one?

Hi nyy,

Reset your BlackBerry to factory settings.

How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

You can also reload your OS if resetting your BlakcBerry doesn't work. Read this thread:

How To Reload Your Operating System

Hope it helps. Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
leela
My Carrier: leah

how long do it take to wipe

Please use plain text.