Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

rajikurup
My Device: Blackberry curve

How to retrieve contacts and messages

I lost my BB yesterday. I need to know is there any way I can retrieve my contacts and my messages from BB service. I recall having subscribed to this auto saving. It would be a great help if someone can help me and guide me on this. For obvious reasons I have deactivated my old SIM and got a new one fixed from the service provider. However those jokers VODOFONE staff have no clue how to retrieve my contact details from BB service.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: How to retrieve contacts and messages

Hi rajikurup

Welcome to the Community

Sorry for your lose.There are only two ways to retrieve your contacts and messages First if your have or done any backup using BlackBerry desktop software to your Pc or laptop.You can restore it from there to a new blackberry, some free software are also available which allow to view or extract those backup files like MagicBerry from Mena step .but you will get it if you have your previous backups.

Secondly if you had used BlackBerry protect on your device to do remote backup.You can Use the Restore option By login to BlackBerry Protect but it will only restore to a BlackBerry device not other,If your new device is  BlackBerry you can use the option unless you had used BlackBerry protect for backup.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
rajikurup
My Device: Blackberry curve

Thanks a lot Prince 2012. Appreciate your reply. I am not sure if I have done either of these. I tried login on www: mobileemail.vodafone.in and tried. it did give me an option of synchronisation but i havent received any details in my email. so I guess it is all gone. anyway one learns. in my next device i will do this first.:smileyhappy:

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi rajikurup

You are welcome ..! and hope this problem never arise again .Always use BlackBerry Protect its Free and Safe .:smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
AlexandraM
My Device: BlackBerry Curve

Do you recall plugging in your device to your computer and using Blackberry Desktop Manager at some point? It's worth checking to see if you have IPD or BBB backups saved on your computer, as they might have the data you are trying to recover. Using BB Protect is also a good idea, I would advice in fact to use both BB Protect (quicker and very handy) and BBDM (for safety reasons).

Blackberry Backup Extractor might be of help and it's powerful as it can extract backups and retrieve contacts, messages, along with other important data and it works with both IPD, BBB and encrypted backups. Do not that the product offers a free version along with a paid one. So good luck in searching for files!