Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to setup BIS accounts

Aurianna wrote:
What is the BIS site for Telus in Canada please?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Half a second on Google revealed this:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bri04
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

i'm having the same problem as mquerub.

everytime i try to set it up it keeps on saying

"Your account is no accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service."

why won't it work?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB14380 Unable to create a BlackBerry Internet Service account from a web browser

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
samsas8792
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Moblie

Im also having trouble with my Curve 9300, i only bought it today-

all my apps are working fine, but my BBM isnt working. I found out i need a BIS account. so i go onto T-moblies BIS account login page, and the message comes up stating that my BB isnt registered. and gave me step's to send the request. i've sent the request and still isnt registered. Does it take awhile for this to go through? or anything else i need to do. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

samsas8792 wrote:

Im also having trouble with my Curve 9300, i only bought it today-

all my apps are working fine, but my BBM isnt working. I found out i need a BIS account. so i go onto T-moblies BIS account login page, and the message comes up stating that my BB isnt registered. and gave me step's to send the request. i've sent the request and still isnt registered. Does it take awhile for this to go through? or anything else i need to do. 

As the servicer of your request, it seems to me that your inquiry is best directed at TMobile rather than these public user-to-user BB support forums. I suggest you ring them up and ask them the status of your request with them.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Jimtel
My Device: Curve 8900 + many more
My Carrier: Rogers

Just trying to set up another email address on BIS.  Is there a way to set up both the POP and SMTP servers (incoming and outgoing differently)

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Jimtel wrote:

Just trying to set up another email address on BIS.  Is there a way to set up both the POP and SMTP servers (incoming and outgoing differently)

Thanks,

Nope -- BIS uses it's own servers for outgoing SMTP, but it attaches the proper "reply to" and "From" information to the outbound email, thereby masking that fact from the average email recipient. With some email services, it is able to place the outbound item into the Sent Items on your mail server, as governed by this KB:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
SarahAmjad1
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: How to setup BIS accounts for BBM

[ Edited ]

Can you please provide me with a link that supports Wind Mobile as I want to activate my BlackBerry Messenger. 

Thank you! 

Also, I've a BlackBerry Bold 9700.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Re: How to setup BIS accounts for BBM

SarahAmjad1 wrote:

Can you please provide me with a link that supports Wind Mobile as I want to activate my BlackBerry Messenger. 

Thank you! 

Also, I've a BlackBerry Bold 9700.

Ummm...what? I'm not at all sure what you are asking for there. If you are looking for a method to activate your BIS services on WIND, then you need to contact WIND...as the provider of services, they control everything, so you'll need to look them up and ask them how to proceed.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.