Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300

How to tell when connected to WiFi

i have successfully connected my blackberry curve 3G to my home wifi network, but i dont know how to tell when i am using that or using the default data browser? i would like to know how to check or tell which one i am connected to, so i dont think i am using my wifi but really using my data plan, and end up having to spend heaps! thanks.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: How to tell when connected to WiFi

Hi there and welcome to the forums!

In order to tell if your device is connected to WiFi, all you have to do is check the top right corner of your device screen.  If you see a white WiFi indicator, the WiFi is connected.  If it is greyed out, then it is not properly connected.

I hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

I can see the Wifi symbol, half grey half black, but does that mean that im connected to my home wifi so its free when i use the internet? thank you

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

If it's grey, then it's not connected to WiFi.  It needs to be white.  Make sure that it's set up correctly by going into your WiFi options and ensuring that the correct passkey has been activated.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: vodacom

hi

i have the same problem with my 3G curve, i have done all the settings over and over but its not connecting

my other phone a curve 8520 connects to the same network and with the same settings with no problem.

it looks like it connects but there is no data transfer, there is also no green tick  next to wifi in mannage connections only a white line

it seems like there is a security block on my phone

i am having the same problem with my bluetooth because i can send data but not recive

Plz pLL  HELP

M

New Contributor

Im not sure about your wifi problems but for bluetooth i had the same thing but now before i want to receive something i go to media > options > receive using bluetooth. im not sure if there is a simpler way i would like to knw if anyone knows?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

6bounce wrote:

Im not sure about your wifi problems but for bluetooth i had the same thing but now before i want to receive something i go to media > options > receive using bluetooth. im not sure if there is a simpler way i would like to knw if anyone knows?

Hello!

See this KB:

• KB05409 Transfer a file using Bluetooth technology between two BlackBerry smartphones

Only by having a BB 6 device can you avoid the "Receive using BT" command.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code