Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
tresearch
My Device: Not Specified

How to transfer pictures from my Blackberry 8310 to my computer

Hello Guys,

Now that I have figured out how to post a message perhaps one of you might be able to offer me some advice on how I can transfer pictures from my blackberry to my laptop.  The 8310 allows one to take a limited number of pictures (approx. 6 on the highest resolution setting, and close to 60-70 on the lower resolution settings...fine for most 4X6 photos) without a media card.  I have installed the BlackBerry Desktop Manager v4.6 on my laptop.  When I click on the Media icon, I then get another split screen with Media Manager on the left side but not highlighted and BlackBerry Media Sync on the right side which is highlighted.  Clicking the start button takes me to another screen...but of course the pictures are nowhere to be found and I get a message to check: 1. A media card is installed correctly in your BlackBerry device,

2. Mass storage mode is turned on for your BlackBerry device.  I know that I don't have a separate media card!  As for the mass storage mode, I don't have fricken clue what they are talking about.

Earlier, I was actually able to retrieve each picture individually by going into the camera, and emailing each one separately to myself. Tedious and absurd if this is the only solution for trasferring the pictures to my laptop!

Any help is much appreciated.  Thank you!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to transfer pictures from my Blackberry 8310 to my computer

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

First things first...you posted to the Tour forum...but you have an 8310...but don't double post...we'll have the Mods move it to the place where the proper folks hang out to help you:

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...now that we are in the correct forum, here is some information for you:

Mass Storage Mode is what allows your BB to appear to Windows as a USB drive (or drives, if you have a Media Card). It is what enables drag-n-drop in Windows Explorer rather than using Media Manager.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
WILDDUX
My Device: Bold 9700

Without a media card, I don't think you can transfer the pictures to your laptop via using the BB as a flash drive.  You can do it through Roxio Media Manager though.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Not necessarily...under optimum configuration, you will see two drive letters for a BB...one will be for Device Memory and the other for Media Card Memory. If pictures are stored in Device Memory and it is working correctly, it will appear as a drive letter when tethered.

Now -- I say optimum since I, myself, am having some flakiness with this...sometimes I get 2 drive letters, other times I only get 1. I always get the drive letter for Media Card...it's the Device Memory drive letter that seems to be flaky for me ATM. But then I have some special configurations that could be causal...the base configuration I used to have never had any trouble presenting me with the 2 drive letters all of the time.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wraith0518
My Device: Tour 9630 - Sprint

Need to Use Roxio or get a memory card and move them to the Memory Card while in the Phone.

Strongly Recommened to Get a Memory Card.

Brownie
Tour 9630
IT Professional
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

wraith0518 wrote:

Need to Use Roxio or get a memory card and move them to the Memory Card while in the Phone.

Strongly Recommened to Get a Memory Card.

You most definitely want to get a media card.  Don't eat up your device memory with pics-tunes etc when media card is easy to use.   I would get as large capacity media card as you can afford and will work in your BB.

Media Card capacity supported by Device OS

Let us know how it goes.  :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.