Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodaphone

How to use blackberry messenger over wifi isit possible to message people on bum over wifi because it comes up as Red Cross every time I send a message but bum talk works fine I don't understand ?

Need help with this ASAP please guys
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to use blackberry messenger over wifi isit possible to message people on bum over wifi because it comes up as Red Cross every time I send a message but bum talk works fine I don't understand ?

Hello,

BBM is a proprietary service, requiring subscription to an adequate data plan from your carrier, even if you only use it via WiFi. So, if you don't have a proper data plan, that explains why it won't work.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Re: How to use blackberry messenger over wifi isit possible to message people on bum over wifi because it comes up as Red Cross every time I send a message but bum talk works fine I don't understand ?

I had same problem but vodka phone mucked up my plan had to wait 5 days and still nothing works I don't understand ??
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Huh? Vodka phone? Oh! Vodaphone! OK...anyway, this is something that only they can resolve.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code