Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Macho-Man
My Device: Curve 8520

Huge keyboard issue ...

Hi,

First of all, I apologize in advance if my English isn't perfect, I'm French.

I recently experienced a serious issue with the password I had put on my blackberry. (I'm not talking about the PIN code but about the keyboard lock one.) First of all, I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520.

A week ago, I went outside. I locked the keyboard and put the cellphone in my pocket (I know I shouldn't have done this, I regret it). One hour later, I grabbed it out of it, and it was impossible for me to type my unlocking password properly :

Indeed, usually, when I type a number, there's a "*" showing that I'm typing a password. Now, I neither can type numbers nor type them properly : There's a weird black and white "EN" symbol located on the top right corner. When I try to writes it, there's letters instead of numbers. Also, when I switch back to the numeric mod, numbers are being shown, whereas they should appear as "*".

I think the problem comes from a wrong key combination that was pressed when the smart-phone was in my pocket, although the keyboard was locked ... But I don't know how to fix and I only have 1 try left for the password. If it fails, I'll loose everything ...

I made researches, and I found no solutions...

Hope you'll know what to do.

Greetings,

Please use plain text.
Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Huge keyboard issue ...

Hey Macho-Man,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would suggest connecting the BlackBerry smartphone to your computer that has the BlackBerry Desktop Software installed on and entering the password on the computer. Once the BlackBerry smartphone is unlocked change the password. The EN indicates that the input language is set to English.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.