Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
montyb
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

I HAVE CORRECT PASSWORD YET BB WONT UNLOCK! MY PW IS ALL NUMERICAL. I ONLY HAVE 1 MORE TRY. HELP!!!

I changed my password from 5959 to 4344 and they keep saying the password is incorrect! I just got off the plane from Paris with my family and we took over 300 pictures and my wife and kids would be LIVID if I lost all of them, since I was the chief photographer. Somebody please help me. PLEASE!!!I have to make this last attempt count.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
takmaraub
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: 3477144

Re: I HAVE CORRECT PASSWORD YET BB WONT UNLOCK! MY PW IS ALL NUMERICAL. I ONLY HAVE 1 MORE TRY. HELP!!!

When setting the password did you press alt before each key to make sure you were entering numbers or alt+left shift for num lock? It's easy to believe you're entering numbers for the password when it was actually letters

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
montyb

Re: I HAVE CORRECT PASSWORD YET BB WONT UNLOCK! MY PW IS ALL NUMERICAL. I ONLY HAVE 1 MORE TRY. HELP!!!

Thanks for the quick reply! I reset the password on my phone, which is the Blackberry Curve 8530. I specifically pressed four numerical numbers on my phone, which were 4344. The corresponding alphabets for those numbers on my phone are srss. I DID NOT press the alt button after each key when I changed the password on my phone.  Also, I didn't do alt+left shift for num lock because I changed the password from my mobile phone and not my laptop.

I only have 1 more attempt. I'm 100 percent positive that 4344 is the password. The question is, is the mobile phone viewing it as numerical or alphabetical. Is that what your implying?

Does that make sense?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
takmaraub

You're correct as to my assumption, I'd say the phone is viewing it as alphabetical but that would more be an issue if you connected your phone to a computer and was trying to enter the password there. It should still unlock as long as u put it in the same way as you had originally entered it. Obviously my assumption wont help you though but hopefully someone else can assist

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
montyb

Do you think I accidently hit alt button first and it's reading the password differently?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
takmaraub

That's hard to say, I doubt it though but with only 1 attempt left that's tricky. The worst that will happen though is that you'll lose data saved on your phone, hopefully nothing too difficult to replace.

Please use plain text.
Smartphonetellmehow
My Device: 8600
My Carrier: Verizion

Did you have an sd card in the back of your phone by the battery? They do not come with it stander but if you put one in you can simple pull it out insuring all your photos are safe and can be uploaded to your computer before doing a maste rest on the phone. You can find more answeres like this one www.smartphonetellmehow.com

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Often users who have multiple numerals in their password will only press the ALT key for the first numeral and not those following, so for instance, if your password were "1234", you might have been pressing "Alt 1234" on the device, which makes the actual password to be "1ers".

So, IF you only pressed the ALT key on the first character (if you think your PW is 4344, that could be 4rss

How many times or did you at all press the ALT key?

Does that make sense? Does it sound familiar to your usage?

So check the way you enter your password on the device... do you think you are entering multiple numbers but actually are not?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.