Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Chill1192
My Device: Not Specified

I can not hear who I am calling but they can hear me

Every so often, more often than not I will dial out and I can not hear anyone but they can hear me. I have to tell the person I'm calling hoping that they have answered so I can tell them I'll call right back. I am constantly do a hard start and having to make my call again. It happens about 4 -5 times a day. When you make call you will see on the screen "Calling" and then "Connected". When this happens to me it never reads "Calling" it goes straight to connected. I'm so afraid I'm going to need to call "911" and this is going to happen to me.

I had this same thing happen to me when I was using the Pearl. I thought it was a Pearl thing but I guess not. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: I can not hear who I am calling but they can hear me

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the F:smileyhappy:rums!

Try removing your battery. Replace after 30 seconds - allowing your phone to reboot. 

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
RNinGH
My Device: Curve 8320

I experienced this problem several months ago on my Curve 8320 on T-Mobile. My web research seems to point to a problem with the volume being muted - possibly after vibrate mode, or playing certain sound files or ringtones. It could be related to the volume setting being reset too low, due to a Default Call Volume of "Previous. "

Exact cause unknown, however--

This is the workaround I used - and I have not experienced the problem since in over 3 months!

Open Call Log

Press Menu button and select Options

Select General Options

Change Default Call Volume from "Previous" to 75% (or a percentage of your choosing) 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse

Chill I also had this problem that you are describing not long after I purchased my blackberry.  I did the battery pull for a quick remedy.  What I found out was I had the 4.2 OS and once I upgraded to 4.5 OS - I have not had that problem since. 

Mine was an OS problem.  I am using Verizon.  

Chill1192

I have removed the cover, the battery and put back together more times in one day than I care to count. It is okay to do if I have nothing better to do, but in an emergency it could be fatal.

Any way, my next question may be a silly one but how do I know what version I have and how do I upgrade it to the 4.5 OS if I am still at the old.

Please use plain text.
jgm
Contributor
jgm

Go to Options-About. Should give you software version in 3rd or 4th line

If you need to upgrade go to BB website-link at top of this forum for software-then device software on left side of page and follow from there 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse

Go to your status icon >> ABOUT>> and its about the third line down.  Will say 4. something.  

Below is the link to upgrade. Just scroll down to NorthAmerica and pick your carrier .  Then follow the directions.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Chill1192

I upgraded without problems, haven't had any problems since then. Or I haven't given it enough time. Now that I upgraded I can not send emails out, they all return with a red X. Did I do something wrong? I tried to go to the email settings and I can not get connected this way.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

near the antenna logo, what is written ?
GSM ? edge ? EDGE ?

when you try and send a message, and get the red cross : open it and scroll up. Can you read the headers ? One says exactly why the message could not be sent. what is the error message ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.