Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

I can receive email...but cannot send...

I set up a personal email account for an email account I have with Yahoo! Small Business on my Blackberry Curve 8310.  I am able to send and receive just fine with my primary email account....but I can only receive with my second email account...that being the Yahoo! Small Business account. 

I receive an failure message almost instantly when receiving that state "Message included an invalid address".  However, there are no invalid addresses in the email.  I can send/receive the identical email from my primary email account without failure.

I am not a new Blackberry user as I have had this service for two years...and have used personal email account setup before.  This one has me stumped.

Suggestions anyone??

My Device: Not Specified

Re: I can receive email...but cannot send...

Alright....now I feel stupid.

Instead of searching using the error message I started using Yahoo...and found the exact problem.  You have to set up a free email account with Yahoo! in order for your paid email account to work on Blackberry....apparently.  Go figure.

I do not care why...I am just glad it is working now!!