Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Comcel

I can't play any sort of media on my bb curve 8520

I received this phone from my dad who got a newer version. Everything was working fine when he had it, but I took it I went through "security options" and pressed a "security erase" everything he had was reset in order for me to be able to configure my email accounts, etc.

But now I can't play any music or videos, not from youtube or from the media player on the phone, I mean it doesn't even play the song that comes for default! an error saying "Unable to play content" keeps coming up, and I have already taken out the battery and put it back on three times.

Please help me!!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I can't play any sort of media on my bb curve 8520

Go to media play press menu and again press option settings are there try to set ur settings ti will work
New Contributor

I have fixed the problem! Thank you!

My Device: 8520

How do you fixed it??? I´m still having the same problem...

Thanks,

New Contributor

I had to reset it again and use the desktop software reinstalling the entire basic software. On your desktop blackberry software go to the software up date thoght tools and if there are no newer veresions available, chose the botton for las version and intall it.
My Device: Curve 3500
My Carrier: t-mobile

Do you think you can give me step by step of how to fix the problem? I have the same problem and its been going on for a couple of weeks now