04-03-2013 09:56 AM
I have 3 emails set up on my curve. I went to set up and set all 3 of them up and I receive messages on them but if I try to forward an email I got or compose and send a new one, I get the red X.
I thought I did everything right in activating the email addresses on my phone.
I can't figure out how to solve this. Can someone help me?
04-03-2013 11:23 AM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!!
I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):
1) Register HRT
2) Delete and Resend Service Books
3) Batt Pull Reboot
Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.
04-03-2013 04:14 PM
Thanks. I followed the first few steps but when I got to sending the service books and ended up clicking on KB15402 to send the service book on the smartphone I had trouble with this step that I've put in bold:
For BlackBerry smartphones running on BlackBerry® 6 or BlackBerry® 7, please perform the following steps:
1. On the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen, navigate and click on the Setup icon.
2. In the Setup homescreen, navigate and click on the Email Accounts icon.
3. In the Email Accounts selection screen, select Internet Mail Account.
4. If prompted, type the username and password, and then click Log In .
5. On the main screen, click Menu button and select Service Books, then click on Send Service Books to send Service Books to BlackBerry smartphone.
I had no such thing called Internet Mail Account (I am running 7.1)
So basically I just deleted my email account and set it up again and I've tried it out and I can indeed now send emails.
However, the icon for it has now disappeared from my home screen. I'm even on the homescreen under "All" and don't see it.
The icons for the other two emails I have are there. I also deleted them and set them up again.
The "Messages" icon is there too.
But not my primary email account icon. I have no idea why.
04-03-2013 05:24 PM