Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
manueljmc
My Device: Not Specified

I cant change my blackberry messenger name in 8900

HI i have a large nickname in my blackberry messenger in a javelin 8900 when i select edit my info it does n ot do anything so i cant change my nickname pls help!!!!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: I cant change my blackberry messenger name in 8900

Try resetting the device, with the phone turn on take out the battery for 30 seconds and install the battery again, try change the name again, let me know, thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fraser79

i had the same problem and it was driving me up the wall... i was able to change my name on my 8320 BUT when i switched to the 8900 i couldnt do it.. after a few days of headaches i figured it out.

1) IF you still have your original device and havent wiped it clean or added any new numbers or emails to your new phone..remove the sim and place it back into that device (you may not need to do that i just did it because i wanted to recieve calls while i erased the 8900)... turn it back on then go to BBM msngr and change your long user name to something short (i changed mine to abcdef)

2) wipe the 8900 SETTINGS>>OPTIONS>>SECURITY OPTIONS>>GENERAL SETTING>>Then click on the menu key (blackberry logo key)>>WIPE HANDHELD.  Follow the instructions DONOT GET WORRIED WHEN YOU SEE IT SAYS ERASING DATA THATS WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO.  Leave the phone let it do what it has to until it reboots and u see the disclimer (this may take a few mins).

3) Now you do a change device thru Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Once that process is finish you should be able to change your bbm name.. dont forget to put ur sim back in the 8900....

If anyone figures out a different way please post this is the way i did and it finally worked

Please use plain text.
MaverickF14

What worked for me was quite simpel, just a reboot through alt, sym + delete. A soft reboot so to speak. After that I was able to edit the My info again. BB Model 8820
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Confusingconfused
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: EE

I have a 9320 Bb curve could anyone help as I don't want to wipe as I would have to get rid of all my thing plz help
Please use plain text.