Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: I challenge any Moderator to solve this

duffin wrote:
Is there a way to IMPORT a .M3U playlist file with OS 4.5?
yes but it depends how your m3u file is created.

I create the M3U file using dos :
while in the folder containing the songs (example : an album)
dir /O/EN > playlist.m3u

then I rename the file.

Then I copy the whole folder (mp3 and m3u) inside the device using USB Mass Storage.

Then I delete all the BBthumb.dat files that are located on the Blackberry.
then unplug, go to media application and wait for the media indexation to finish (can take from a few minutes to a few hours depending on the number of files).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Reaching back for what little DOS knowledge I have I might be able to manage that, but it still requires reinventing playlists that otherwise seem to have been transmitted to the device, and should be functional.   It sounds like a cliche but there has got to be a better way ?!?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

jrmerrill wrote:
It sounds like a cliche but there has got to be a better way ?!?
I'll tell things in a different way :
when you have a m3u playlist, inside it you have a path to the files.
doing like I do, the path is null because the files are in the same path as the m3u file.
if you can make sure that the playlist is made to listen to mp3 files that are in the same folder, you don't have to create new m3u files. Just copy them on your device.

but I it's not the case, for instance there is a name of folder or of several folders like mymusic/myartist/myalbum/01 title.mp3
then you have to make sure that the m3u file is located at the correct place, otherwise the blackberry device will try and find the file at that location and won't find anything.

it's easy to understand, but I'm in a hurry so it may not be very clear. Maybe someone else can explain better.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8320 / 9530

BadboyFLIP glad you have your issue resolved however your very first post stated:

You are not able to edit genres of an MP3 unless you have some sort of special program

is Windows considered a special program?

XP- if you right click on the mp3, select properties - summery and advanced if needed, you can edit most info here including genre

Vista -if you right click on the mp3, select properties -details... same as above