Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
nem-esis
My Carrier: t-mobile
Accepted Solution

I did downgrade to 4.6 I then I can not go 5 Os install

Hey look I had installed on my Curve OS 5 but as the Blackberry Descktop Software gives you the option of downgradar Os 4.6 I decided and I wanted to try the downgrade and install the 4.6 OS, after trying the 4.6 I will return to try to go back and upgrade again to 5.0 Os but O SURPRISE! AND NOT LET ME TELL ME THAT I HAVE TO HAVE AN ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION! do not understand why they put this kind of locks is pointless since reistalado had several times before 5 so I already downloaded on my pc in the cache, ie Desktop Software no longer was returning to download files that are already downloaded, I need a solution to reinstall the latest firmware or have an active subscription or if you spend this kind of thing should happen to notice that this seems incredible help using upgrade tools in other brands never seen anything like that sense has put the option if you can downgrade after sunrise reinstall the latest version, if you pass this then you better remove the option to downgrade to the point of putting this kind of update locks are absurd .... help!!:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I did downgrade to 4.6 I then I can not go 5 Os install

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Goodness! Such venting...you do realize, I hope, that while venting is fine, there's no one here that can do anything about that, right? This is a volunteer-contributed user-to-user community. Fortunately, there are tricks, even if you don't have an active subscription, but you MUST bypass the automated processes and instead take full control and do it manually...

The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.

2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

6) Remove Internet Connectivity from your computer

7a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.

7b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:

If, during the processes of 7a or 7b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages, and cannot bypass the subscription requirement...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nem-esis
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: I did downgrade to 4.6 I then I can not go 5 Os install

[ Edited ]

Friends for everyone with this problem I have the solution achieves them to reinstall the OS from the Blacdkberry 5 Desktop Software as you used to, so if it is possible to bypass the active subscription I will explain the procedure

Initially Look we 're in this situation insalado an earlier version

if we try to install the latest version 5 OS we can not we get the following message which tells us we need to have an active subscription and therefore can not , I'm going to say as skip this lock and install the latest version .

What I did was Delete the vendor.xml file (Which is the file that identifies the carrier of the device, making it recognized or not the OS . The true is i dont know if delete this file is the key to install 5 Os but at the time I did i had deleted that file

a) Windows Vista and 7: Disc C --- ) --- Program Files ) Common Files --- ) Research In Motion --- ) App Loader

b ) Windows XP : Disk C --- ) --- Program Files ) common files --- ) Research In Motion --- ) App Loader

After what we have to do is get out our BB battery and remove the SIM card after put back againt the battery but dont turn on the BB, ten conent the BB to the PC, we must have already open the BB Desktop Software then the display will appear the message and what we have to do is give update .

and we will get another message and we will instantly repair

Then we will get the following message indicating us that there is a newer version of the operating system

And we look eye to get upgrade until here I thought they already had achieved but I came back to show that he had no active subscription again and what I did was to repeat the procedure and the time segunad turned to connect the BB off and gave update and then repair it appeared to me no longer the subscription active and installed version 5 Os.

That's all I did is the solution to skipping active subscription padlock, hope they serve you share them because I saw many who had this problem and well I struggled a bit to do the tutorial but I hope they serve and let his BB 100 . greetings !

http://foros.blackberry.com/t5/Tel%C3%A9fono-Inteligente-BlackBerry/Hice-un-downgrade-a-4-6-Os-y-lue...

Please use plain text.