If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
paradhise
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: bt

I don't seem to be able to set up my email ...

... account on my bb curve 9380. It goes through the contacting server thing and then hangs forever and then tells me it can't access the server or that the server will not let it activate.

This is my main email account and I need it for work etc.

It keeps sending an email to my account from rim, this is the email. It also has an attachment which I have previously downloaded but nothing happens.

'This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.'

What am I doing wrong?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: I don't seem to be able to set up my email ...

What kind of email account is it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paradhise

bt yahoo.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

How are you attempting to add this email address? Make sure you're using the "Email Setup" Application to set up this type of account. Make sure you're not using the corporate email setup.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paradhise

Every time I try and access email setup it comes up with a enterprise server page I can't get rid of it.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan on your account? That is a requirement for email.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paradhise

Thank you for your help. I spoke to my provider and they sorted it for me.

Please use plain text.