Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
completeid
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
Accepted Solution

I forgot my BB Curve 9320 Phone password.

Actually, the password I had set contained numerics which I changed by pressing the ALT key, now the phone isnt accepting the same new password. I have 2 tries left. I went to BlackBerry Protect website to see if I can reset the device password from Web, but I dont see any option there to reset the password.

What do I do now?

Need help, ASAP!!

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: I forgot my BB Curve 9320 Phone password.

Hi completeid

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

BlackBerry devices are the most secure devices , if you set up your device password then you have to enter the correct password to access your device. Also BlackBerry Protect is meant for Backup ,it will not allow you or there are no such services which allow us to reset our device Password.

As you said you have set numerics in your password, I think  you are not able to properly enter those on the BlackBerry  keyboard. For example , if your password is

• And you enter alt > 2 > 0 > 1 > 3
  •  then the actual result will be
  • 20wr
  • But you must enter  
  • alt > 2  > 0 > alt > 1 > alt > 3
  •  to get 2013 on your device.

So,  while on the BlackBerry  keyboard you think you are typing 2013 , you are actually typing 20wr

So take you time and enter your password correctly.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
completeid

Ok the password is 6178877 and I tried Alt 6 > Alt 1 > Alt 7 > Alt 8 > Alt 8 > Alt 7 > Alt 7

It didnt work, now I have 1 try left.

What if I cant enter it correctly again, what will happen, will I lose my phone forever or what?

Its the 1st time I am using BB and its services.

I need some solution, please!

New Contributor
completeid

one more thing, I changed my password and typed it like pressing and holding ALT > 6178877

What do you think password should be?

Elite II
prince2012

completeid wrote:

What if I cant enter it correctly again, what will happen, will I lose my phone forever or what?

Hi completeid

If you're unable to enter the correct password then your device will initiate a wipe process as for security purpose.It will  delete all data within your device and it will be like a new device , you have to start all over again as you did for the first time.

No you will not lose your phone but will lose you data , but you can remove the media card from your device. 

completied wrote :

one more thing, I changed my password and typed it like pressing and holding ALT > 6178877

What do you think password should be?

Well it is hard to guess ! But if you press and hold alt once and typed 6178877 then your password may be :

• 6 W Z X X Z Z 

But if you press and hold alt key each time like this :

alt > 6 > alt > 1 > alt > 7 > alt > 8 > alt > 8 > alt > 7 > alt > 7 

then it will be 6178877

Please try it ,  if it fails you device will wipe but if you have a previous backup of your device and using BlackBerry Protect then you can restore your data from those backup . So if you fails then after a wipe use the same BlackBerry ID as you have now.

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
completeid

I havent tried it yet, before another confirmation, Yes I have a backup on BB Protect.

But if I try and it fails again, the device will wipe all the data. That is also fine with me because I only have contacts in it which are already backed up. And then what, will I be able to use the same phone? wont it ask for password again?

am a newbie, please be patient.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi completied

If you have only contacts of which you have a backup then go ahead and take your chances. As I already said ,yes you will be able to use your device Again and after a wipe it will not ask you for any password .

So try it and let us know if you feel any trouble .

New Contributor
completeid

Ok, the 6WZXXZZ didnt work and now the device is being wiped out. Will it remove everything including pictures and applications from Memory Card and phone?

Elite II
prince2012

Hi completeid

So you have not removed your media card from your device as I suggested on my previous post ? Please Check it to see it wiped your media card also. Yes it will remove everything within your device memory . 

As you're using BlackBerry Protect for your Backup , go through this Knowledge Base to Restore your Data from BlackBerry Protect.

KB25063  : How to use BlackBerry Protect to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck.

New Contributor
completeid

It worked, thanks to you

Though due to lack of knowledge I got my data wiped out but still I got my phone and contacts back.