Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I hate my blackberry so much I want to cry sometimes

1) I want to call someone, lets say "Zac". I start typing 'z', 'a', 'c', which also happens to be '7' '*' '9'. I hit the green call button and it start dialing 7*9! I know, all I have to do is roll the track ball down. But why should I have to roll the track ball down? Who the hell dials 7*9? I know someone named 7*8, she is very nice.

2) Lets say some **bleep** begins typing '7*9' from the home screen, and realizes that he or she meant to call Dan aka '5*n'. If that **bleep** hits the red call end button, the BB does not return to the home screen like every other phone on planet earth, but takes you to a page you haven't been to, the call-log page. Why? the red button always takes you to the home page on every phone. Except this one.

3) The +-buttons on the side do nothing. Every other phone uses those buttons to adjust the ringer volume, but on the bb from the homescreen, it does nothing. IF you do want to change the ringer volume, you have to use the irritating track ball and select from a couple un-adjustable ringer settings. Way to go.

4) If you are scrolling through your contacts trying to choose the one you wish to dial, the phone number of the contacts appears and shifts the entire list down. It is very irritating.

5) I really really hate it. No joking. There is nothing good about it. You can't mark emails as spam. You get emails you don't need. It is not usefull. I don't care if Crate & Barrel is having a 10% off sale. It is like a spam machine. My whole life is wasted with the track ball, the red button that doesn't take you home. The crappy browser. The I phone blows away the BB. I mean really blows it away. I was at verizon begging them to give me a new phone. I am on the verge of tears right now. I. Effing. Hate. it. 

6) this is minor but still annoying: There are pre loaded photos you can't erase. Thank you, bb for all the nice photos of plants and crap. They are much more beautiful than my baby girl, photos of whom I can't take because of all teh pretty preloaded photos. Thank you, again.

7) for now, all I can do is tell anyone who will listen how bad teh blackberry is. How my mom thinks they're cool, but she's 65 years old and thought that her phone book sized 'cell phone' was pretty sweet back in 1991.  I went to verizon and begged, BEGGED for a new phone but they said not until november. 

8) please take my bb away from me. I am not addicted. I am... de-dicted or something. How much can someone get for a used bb curve?could I get $50 for it? its only a few months old. 

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: I hate my blackberry so much I want to cry sometimes

In your case, why not upgrade the software device, follow this link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03621&sliceId=1&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

Urumilton

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried the software updates and teh phone still totally sucks. Everyproblem serious or otherwise that I listed in the thread open is not solved by a software update. I can't believe how much BB sucks.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a first time BB'er also.  I've had a Curve for about a month now and i love it more than any phone I've ever had; which includes Windows Mobile phones (6.0), iPhone (for about 2 weeks), and many others.

1) I don't mind scrolling down for the contact after typing 7*9.  Actually, I can't remember ever NOT having to scroll down.  For years, I have always just typed the first letter or two of the contact name and scrolled down to the correct one.  Maybe because my company contact list is HUGE.  

2) I really like the fact that the red button doesn't take me back to the home screen in that situation.  If I make a mistake with one letter, I hit the back (backwards arrow) button.  If I started typing the wrong contact altogether, I want a quick way to clear it.  The red button acomplishes that.  I can always remember wanting a "quick clear" in the past.  And the red button takes you back to home screen in almost every other situation.   

3) I have to disagree again.  This is one BB got right.  I always hated that even when just holding the phone (not on a call), I would always adjust the ringer volume mistakenly.  How often do you need to change the ringer volume?  I have profiles for that.  I remember getting so mad that my ringer would be on vibrate or completely off because those buttons would get pressed mistakenly.  I rarely change the ringer volume.  But I always change the call volume; which you can do while actually on the call.  

4) My phone doesn't do this.  My contact doesn't "auto expand".  It my be a difference in the OS or wireless service.  

5) I don't have this problem either.  All my spam settings are on the server side;  company email, Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo (yes I have all those emails set up Smiley Happy ).  The Spam folders on the accounts are always full when I check the accounts online.  My BB only picks up what is in the Inbox folder.  Again, it may be your OS, wireless provider, or Spam settings for the actual accounts.  

6) This one I agree with 100%.  I HATE preloaded photos.  And I HATE it even more when I can't get rid of them.  But it's really minor because I store all personal photos on my SD card.  So they are never in the same folder.   

I love how efficient the BB is.  How clean and un-cluttered it is.  I had my Windows Mobile phone more customized than my laptop.  It was really clumbsy.  

To be honest, I don't even care about the "great BB email" functionality.  My other phones always got my emails.  I like the BB because of everything else.  

I didn't like the iphone because of the touch-screen.  I guess I'm not a touch-screen guy yet.  I hated it.  I feel like I need buttons.  

I'm not trying to sway you.  Just giving you my thoughts. 

Message Edited by betodas on 03-12-2009 04:23 PM

As a Blackberry Enterprise Server administrator, I also hate your Blackberry.  If you think the phone is bad, you should see the server side software these people have inflicted on the industry.  It is needlessly complicated to set up, difficult to troubleshoot, and spews error messages constantly, most of which it turns out don't mean much.  And for this privilege they charge us about $4,000 for a very small group of users.  I think that's why they don't support ActiveSync like everyone else in the mobile phone world, including Apple.  Although it would be much more reliable and simple to set up, it would deprive them the opportunity to gouge their customer base.

I am hopeful that Blackberry will make the move to ActiveSync support.  It would make me hate Blackberries about 80% less.

-Z

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

zconger wrote:

As a Blackberry Enterprise Server administrator, I also hate your Blackberry.  If you think the phone is bad, you should see the server side software these people have inflicted on the industry.  It is needlessly complicated to set up, difficult to troubleshoot, and spews error messages constantly, most of which it turns out don't mean much.  And for this privilege they charge us about $4,000 for a very small group of users.  I think that's why they don't support ActiveSync like everyone else in the mobile phone world, including Apple.  Although it would be much more reliable and simple to set up, it would deprive them the opportunity to gouge their customer base.

I am hopeful that Blackberry will make the move to ActiveSync support.  It would make me hate Blackberries about 80% less.

-Z

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Please note that these forums are intended for peer-to-peer help and are not monitored by RIM for complaints or suggestions. A more direct route would be to email: bbsuggestions@rim.net

I am not a BES user, but if you want help or have questions or queries about BES issues, you can post in the appropriate section of the forums for help: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Solutions/ct-p/BlackBerryBoards

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

zconger wrote:

-Z

I love Blackberry and BES. It is not hard to read the manual and invest a little time learning it. you dont learn windows in one day. Hard part is many admins do not understand alot about their mailserver, DNS, LDAP, DC, firewalls etc to make it work or support it. Lucky for you I do know a lot and can help in the BES forums area if needed.

My BlackBerry users have very little issues. Have had many go back after going to the dark side. Have had minor contact issues and mostly users dont understand it is not a full email client.

My iPhone users are constantly upgrading and need to be sent the config file or figure out how to use itunes. Lockups, slowness, out of memory, and I dont have one to play with makes it knot fun. Users running rampant with apps and cahnging passwords they cant remember. Devices get stolen more often and break easy too. Hamering exchange with 15k syncs per day. Nice toy but not a real bussiness tool.

Windows mobile phones are not that much better with the blackjack line. (knot tried others) Have more issues with active sync not syncing when turning on/off the device or switching from roaming. Contacts sync issues galore. users run wild with apps and download what ever they want. They seem to break them fast too.

I think its more like Ford vs Chevy vs Toyota. Once burned you will never like them again.

You can connect EAS with BIS. Good luck with that compared to BES.

RIM is a leader in smartphones and might not make everyone happy. I see many posts of people not liking the other devices manufacturers too. There is no perfect device yet, but BlackBerry has many that are getting closer than the rest.

That 4k is cheap compared to what Microsoft wants for their 4 server setup to do something like BES. Think about the hardware cost alone would be.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

re: the CRAPPY browser. . . 

download Opera Mini through Yahoo.  It is a really good browser.  You are right about the built-in piece of **bleep**:  I hate it, and it is virtually useless.

Otherwise, I love my Curve 8330!

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

I love my STORM....... I have been BlackBerry for 13 months now and absolutely have enjoyed every minute and wouldnt go back.   Thanks knottyrope  and kijanasmart for the input from BIS/BES sites... Very helpful...

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Bold 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I am starting to hate my Blackberry Bold 9630, which I bought in January 2010. I made a conscious choice not to buy the iPhone, as I consider myself to a practical, i just need my basic emails/calendars/phone calls-type-of-phone type of person. I loved that typing email messages is so easy with the Blackberry.

But since then, I've had so many bugs to this stupid phone, had to reset a couple of times, and do one security wipe. The bugs just keep coming! Today I find out I can no longer sync my device calendar to my outlook. My husband, who works in IT, has spent an hour trying to figure this out. If he can't figure this out, how do they expect regular people to find out? I am sick and tired of having my old emails erased from the device and having to re-configure my phone settings a million times after each reset.

And there's no easy way to contact them, either. Really, you'd think they'd try to improve their products so their customers don't migrate to the trendy iPhone type of phones.

THIS SUCKS!!!!! I can predict at this point that Blackberry will not be a player in the cellphone industry in the future, the way they're headed right now.