Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

MrTenderTouch

I have a 8320 & keep loosing my call log and text & blackberry messages

I have had a 8320 for quite some time, and up untill recently I started loosing my call log and text & blackberry messages...  I look at my phone and I see the hour glass spinning slowly then when it stops..  All my call logs & messages are gone except for messages I had marked as saved!!!   I have had the phone in for the software to be checked and everything was re done but i still have the problem almost once or twice a week?????  Anyone has an idea whats going on??
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JaguarXJ7

Re: I have a 8320 & keep loosing my call log and text & blackberry messages

Most likely a memory related issue; how much free memory do you have?

Go To > Options (from main screen) > Status ...... thrid line down File Free ......... what does it say?

Does this problem go away for a bit after a reset (battery pull while BB is powered on)?

Regards,

Jag :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: I have a 8320 & keep loosing my call log and text & blackberry messages

You're facing memory constraints in your device. Perform the following steps -

1. Give a soft reset by removing the battery for 30sec.
  2. Check how much memory is free in your device to Options -> Status -> Free Memory. To view all the database size go to Option -> Status -> click Menu button then select Database Sizes
  3. Delete less frequently used application. To delete go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight the application you want to delete -> click Menu and select Delete
  4. If you stored your picture in device memory them move them to your media card

Check the below Knowledge Bases -

How to qualify low memory situations on the BlackBerry smartphone

How to maximize free space and battery power on the BlackBerry smartphone

Call and SMS logs disappear when BlackBerry smartphone is low on memory

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.