Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe

I have a problem of BBM 7.01

Can anyone help me because when i update my BBM to BBM 7.01 i occured a problem saying that "A TEMPORARY SERVER ERROR OCCURED" ? Smiley Sad i need to use my blackberry its my only way to contact my Girlfriend abroad can any one help me or send me a link so i can download a BBM 6.2 or lower please Smiley Sad

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: I have a problem of BBM 7.01

Hi atamwafu

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you are having problem after updating you can try reinstalling BBM7 , but while doing so be sure that you're in an arrea where you have a strong network coverage , to do that On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there.

KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

After deleting do a Battery Pull Restart like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait a min. then re-insert it back . After reboot from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/bbm and the most recent available for your device .After reinstalling see if that helps 

Please note : 

If you're having BBM7 then your BBM Contacts are integrated with your BlackBerry ID , after installing when you login with your BlackBerry ID your Contacts will be restored back , but if you're having any previous persion then first do a local backup , you can backup in your Media card, refer to this KB for further  help

KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

If problem persist and you're willing to download BBM6.2 , then again delete BBM from your device as mentioned above , reboot your device then from your BlackBerry Browser browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6 and download BBM6.2 .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

i have a wifi connection but i cant access my browser do i need to load up? to use my browser on my phone?

Elite II

Hi atamwafu

So you don't have access to your Browser ! Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS in your account ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

im using BB SOCIAL on globe but for now its already cut cause i dont know how to fix this problem Smiley Sad

Contributor

if my BBM will work again i will thank you with all of my life 

Elite II

Hi atamwafu

To use BlackBerry Mesenger you must BlackBerry Data Plan Or a Social plan , otherwise it will not allow you to use BBM. So Call your Carrier Globe and activate it in your account.

Regarding your problem with downloading , have you tried it over WiFi ?

Contributor

yeah i have a wifi but i can't use my browser on my phone Smiley Sad there's a message saying that.. Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later if the problem presist please contact your service provider.. 

Elite II

Hey atamwafu

Have you changed your Default Browser to Hotspot Browser ? Go through this KB:

KB29087 : Unable to browse the Internet over a Wi-Fi connection on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Change your Browser configuration and try it again over wifi Smiley Happy

Contributor

i think i can browse now thanks for the tips.. But sir the link is invalid for the BBM6.. and can i ask something what is the icon that named Upgrade BlackBerry Messenger??... the message is still the same when im trying to open that icon "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider... Sorry if im disturbing you with all my questions i really need to fix this problem.. Thank you sir...