Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY CURVE
My Carrier: TELUS
Accepted Solution

I just got a new BB, put a password in to lock it and now it is saying it is wrong and has locked my phone. How do I unlock it?

Highlighted
Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - BlackBerry Bold 9930 - BlackBerry Torch 9850 -
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA

Re: I just got a new BB, put a password in to lock it and now it is saying it is wrong and has locked my phone. How do I unlock it?

Try to start the device in safe mode, you can do this by pulling the battery and holding the escape key until the red light goes off, this may allow you to reset your password, if not take the phone to your service provider, they can plug the phone into their computer and reset it, so bring your usb cable, also download BlackBerry desktop and try to unlock it from their.

Let me know if any of this helps.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: I just got a new BB, put a password in to lock it and now it is saying it is wrong and has locked my phone. How do I unlock it?

Hi Raven7053

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You have to remember the device password that you already set on your device otherwise after 10 wrong attempts ( By default ) you device will initiate a wipe process as a security measure , it will delete all user data within that device . If you don't have backup or not using BlackBerry protect then I doubt you'll be able to recover your data .

Are you sure you entering the correct password on your BlackBerry keyboard ? I think you might have a mixture of different characters in your password,and you are not able to properly enter those on the BlackBerry keyboard. For example , if your password is

• Raven7053
  • And you enter R > a > v > e > n > alt  >7 > 0 > 5 > 3
  • then the actual result will be Raven70dr
  • You must enter
  • R > a > v > e > n > alt > 7 > 0 > alt > 5 > alt > 3

to get Raven7053 on your device. So, while on the BlackBerry keyboard you think you are typing Raven7053, you are actually typing Raven70dr .

Plaese take your time and enter those figure correctly on your device. If you fail then your device will wipe and you have to start all over again from the start

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY CURVE
My Carrier: TELUS

TY!~~

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

You're most welcome .. I hope you're able to figure it out !

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.