Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

zeet21
My Device: Not Specified

I lost Blackberry Messenger....

Some how the BlackBerry Messenger ICON was erased/deleted, either way it is now no where to be found.  How can I get it back?  Is there a website that I can go to on my phone or an APP I can download to get it back?  Please help if you can.  Thank you.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I lost Blackberry Messenger....

On your device, look at Options > Advanced > Applications >  BlackBerry Messenger. Is it there?

If yes, keep looking... all folders, anywhere.

On the homescreen, Menu > SHOW ALL, so that show all is checked. Look all again.

If still nothing:

On your PC, open Desktop Manager > Application Loader, and click the advanced  or add applications button. Look for the BlackBerry Messenger to CHECK it to load.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Noori_23
My Device: Curve 8900

What if its in neither? 

I can't find the blackberry messenger under the applications, and my applications loader doesn't seem to have it either :smileyfrustrated:..

I updated my software last night and i ended up losing both my bbmessenger as well as my facebook application, and i can't download either of them and they are no where to be found on my application loader.

What can i do to retrieve them?

Please use plain text.
Vinatero
My Device: Curve 8330

I lost my blackberry messenger icon after I did a reinstall of all applications on my phone. I looked to see if it was still on my blackberry (from home screen OPTIONS -> ADVANCED OPTIONS -> APPLICATIONS), and there it was. Actually I had TWO versions of blackberry messenger. I wonder if that had something to do with the problem?

I started by deleting the older version (highlight the application then DELETE from menu), but that didn't fix the problem. Then I deleted the most current version. Without any blackberry messenger app on my phone, I was now able to easily reinstall the application. I just used Blackberry App World directly on my phone, you can also access it online here: 

download bbm

After it reinstalled it looks like I lost all my contacts and had to start clean, but if you've been using the automatic backup then you can just restore your contact list that way.

Whew, now I'm finally able to bbm again! 

Please use plain text.
DougWK
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

I had the same problem.

Seems the icon was just deleted.

From the home screen "OPTIONS"

"RESET SETTINGS"

"ICON ARRANGMENT"

ALL FIXED :Punk:

Please use plain text.
Jubie
My Device: Mobile curve
My Carrier: Kooodo

Does BlackBerry actually read their reviews of their updates? I WISH I had before downloading the latest version of BlackBerry Messenger.  I lost my BBM icon but apparently so did thousands other people around the world. Don't Download!!!!!! Now what BlackBerry?  

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Jubie wrote:

! Now what BlackBerry?  

Jubie, have you gotten yours back?

What upgrade did you do?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.