Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
smokeyrayray
My Device: blackberry 9315
My Carrier: giffgaff

I lost all my contacts after syncing my phone

I backed up my phone as I had not done it in a while. Then I synced the phone. I then tried to use my phone and noticed that all my numbers were gone, and they were replaced with contacts from my outlook. I tried to update it again but my contact details still did not show up. Please can someone help me. I am lost on what to do. I thought if you back up your contacts regularly it can be replaced. This has not been the case for me.

Thank you

Smokeyrayray
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: I lost all my contacts after syncing my phone

You need to restore the backup you made previously using desktop manager. Not you may want to do a selective restore and only restore your contacts rather than everything. 

If you sync your device with outlook using desktop manager than it will put all the contacts in outlook on your phone? As long as you setup a 2 way sync it should ask you how you want to handle the existing contacts on the phone. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smokeyrayray

How do I do the restoring. I already restored my phone bu...

How do I do the restoring. I already restored my phone but nothing happened. Was I suppose to press or tick something before restoring my back up?

Smokeyrayray
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: How do I do the restoring. I already restored my phone bu...

You can find instructions here - KB10339

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smokeyrayray

Re: How do I do the restoring. I already restored my phone bu...

I have tried what you suggested and followed the instructions but it still has not restored all my contacts. My contacts are backed up and still it won't load back onto my phone. I have updated the software as well just now and still that did not work. This is really frustrating me now.

Smokeyrayray
Please use plain text.