Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

rockybalsamo
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

I'm having TREO SYNC Withdrawals

I just dumped my Treo and got the 8330 Curve. So far I like what I see, however there are two situations that I really need help/advice with.

First... I sync my BB with Outlook 2003 (using Gmail) using the USB. I have found that unlike the Treo, my new BB device only offers 2 fields for Contact phone numbers. Many of my contacts have 3 or 4 phone numbers. Is there any way to add additional field to the BB? Any thoughts on a quick fix here. I'm a Realtor and I have over 1,000 contacts. This is not good.

Second... is there any way at all to sync email so that I'm not having to delete my email off of my BB and my home computer? This is tedious and time consuming. I use Outlook's .pst files to manage my business on my PC; Losing Outlook is just not an option. Thoughts?

Thanks.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I'm having TREO SYNC Withdrawals

1. Your BB has more than two fields for contact phone numbers. It has:

Work

Work2

Home

Home2

Mobile

Pager 

Fax

That's seven by my count. Plus, you have the User defined fields at the bottom, which you can map to sync to Outlook, as well, using the Desktop Manager > Sync application configuration.

2. On a personal BIS, no, your email will not sync. Some Gmail, yahoo and IMAP server setups will reconcile your deleted mail, etc., but never sync complete mail back and forth to Outlook. You need BES for that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code