Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
blackbird007
My Device: Blackberry 8520 Curve

I'm having trouble with WiFi on my Blackberry Curve 8520?

[ Edited ]

I am currently using a Blackberry 8520 Curve, and I am using it without a data plan. So, I use internet by using WiFi.

However, I have found that when I am using internet it will often display 'Unable to find the requested server'. The browser is set to Hotspot, and connections on other devices such as laptop work fine.

The only way I can get internet working again is to go to 'Manage Connections', and switch WiFi off and then back on again. Only then does it start working. If I leave WiFi switched on, the connection eventually times out.

Has anyone else had this problem and how can it be fixed?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I'm having trouble with WiFi on my Blackberry Curve 8520?

I haven't experienced that issue, but I wonder if it could be your router letting go of the connection?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackbird007

As I said, the connection is fine on all other devices and laptops. It's only the Blackberry that is having problems.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ok, you did.

Then try this, delete the WiFi profile for you router, do a simple reboot (With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot) and then set up the router again.

Give it a few days and see how it worksl

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackbird007

Thanks for the tip. I tried that, and it's still not working properly. It will connect for the first few minutes but then time out, saying 'Unable to find the requested server'.

I hope I can find a solution to this soon. If it was Wi-Fi, it should be working. There's nothing wrong with my internet connection. This is the first time I've bought a Blackberry, and at this rate it'll be the last as well.

Please use plain text.
bphalrail
My Device: curve 8520/playbook wifi 32gig
My Carrier: att

mine is all of a sudden after 2 years dropping the wifi signal as well after a min or two. i havent changed th router in over six months and in the past was able to fix a timeout issue by eithr retartig the router or phone but now the timeout persist and restarts work for only a min or two. the wifi on my playbook seemed to have the same issue for a few days, it seemed to stop after i took it 50 miles out of town for a cpple days and returned. out of town it had no trouble hooking to my parents router (also a belkin but older model) and the issue seemed to be resolved when i returned home. im thinking the router has an auto update the bbry cant handel but hrats just speculation @ the moment. i will try the same with my curve but untill then, HELP!!!!! this problem is REAL and who can go out and buy router after router when this happens?

Please use plain text.