Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I need help COPYING contacts from one BB to another BB.

I just received a company blackberry 8330 (Sprint) after I had purchased an 8320 (AT&T) only a few weeks ago. I plan on keeping my personal phone as an investment and for emergencies, but only want to carry one phone around (that being my company phone).  How do I copy the contacts from my personal phone to my company one? Can I export/import them some how? On the Device Manager software I downloaded for my personal phone there is a way to "transfer" #'s but I don't want to do that b/c I am afraid they will be erased.  I also saw something about synchronizing, but don't know if that will work b/c I'm working with two different blackberries on two different networks. HELP!!! I am pretty electronicly savy but this is totally confusing me!

Thanks!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: I need help COPYING contacts from one BB to another BB.

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here are the instructions for the Device Switch Wizard:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05459&slic...

Oh, and here are BB-to-BB specific instructions:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB16291&slic...

I've never used it, so I can't answer your specific questions. But, if you search in the BTSC (the system in which the link is from) you might find more information.

Message Edited by sdgardne on 05-22-2009 08:20 AM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Use the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager, before you are activated on the BES.

Download Desktop Manager from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

what is BES? When I use the "switch wizard" will it erase the numbers from the original phone???  Thanks for your help!
Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BES is a corporate BlackBerry Enterprise Service.

No, it won't ease any data from your original device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: I need help COPYING contacts from one BB to ANOTHER PHONE

Hello!

I need help in transferring my BB contacts to another phone.  How do I do that? Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry tour 9630

Re: I need help COPYING contacts from one BB to ANOTHER PHONE

l would suggest either back up assistant or going to the carriers store and havign them do it for you. I beleive sometimes it costs around 10 bucks. Atleast i know thats what they charge me and im on verizon.