Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

I need help with email settings!!

HI... I just got the Blackberry Curve 8330 that was previously my husbands.  I took it to my wireless carrier and they were suppose to wipe everything clean so that I could add all my "stuff."  He had two email accounts on there.  One was a gmail personal account and one was a work email account.  The gmail account is gone, but I am still receiving email messages from his work email.  I am also not able to add my personal email on there.  It keeps telling me that I already have an account setup and asks for my PIN and my ESN #.  I enter it then it tells me an account is already set up.  I have looked in the manual and online and am so tired of trying to mess with it!! Please help.... I need to get his work email account totally wiped off and my yahoo personal account added.  What am I doing wrong...I am sure it is something simple that I am overlooking.  Please let me know if anyone can help.... thanks so much!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: I need help with email settings!!

If you wanted to make it so it will stop getting emails from the BES you can do a security wipe,

Settings/options/security options/general settings/ press the menu button, and go to wipe handheld and follow the prompts.

I'd go back to Verizon and yell at them, clearly you got someone who didn't know what they were doing.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!