Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

martinus
My Device: curve 8250
My Carrier: MTN

I think ive been hacked or my phone has a bug

I received a message from a guy called Layn today he asked me who I was I told him my name and I asked him how it was possible that I could speak to him because I had not received any invitations from him he told me he did not know so I made a status on bbm saying what had just happened to me and he disappeared off my bbm after all this my boyfriend phoned me and he said their was a echo on his side I have no idea if this is a hacker or a bug but I can't believe these thing are possible this is against all privacy laws we have no privacy and I suggest that if blackberry can't sort this out people should not buy blackberry because these people are invading our privacy we have rights!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hishamakhras
My Device: curve /slim .
My Carrier: unkown

Re: I think ive been hacked or my phone has a bug

Ure totaly right its been two days and iam receiving 500 message call (HACKER.html)and the mobile gone crazy and formated it self and lost evry thing ,the first time I thought its only once but I was surprised I started receiving the same messages saying (thank u for ure fouliness I stool all ure data)I was soooo surprised and didn't know what to do!!I didn't the blackberry can be hacked we buy smartphones to stop these **bleep**s!!and then we see it happening and till know iam receiving them but I delete them,MY bb formated itself two times in the last two days ,soo plzz can any one tell me what to do!!!!!iam gone crazy of this person!!!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

hishamakhras wrote:
Ure totaly right its been two days and iam receiving 500 message call (HACKER.html)and the mobile gone crazy and formated it self and lost evry thing ,the first time I thought its only once but I was surprised I started receiving the same messages saying (thank u for ure fouliness I stool all ure data)I was soooo surprised and didn't know what to do!!I didn't the blackberry can be hacked we buy smartphones to stop these **bleep**s!!and then we see it happening and till know iam receiving them but I delete them,MY bb formated itself two times in the last two days ,soo plzz can any one tell me what to do!!!!!iam gone crazy of this person!!!
Your BlackBerry has not been hacked. You're receiving emails from a spammer or from some contact of yours who's PC has been caught up in some virus or hacked itself.
If you can explain in more detail how your BlackBerry 'formated' itself all by itself, or what you say, it would be helpful.
For NOW, I would tell you to backup your device IMMEDIATELY to your PC, using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hishamakhras

When I strated receiving the messages the screen became white and it counted tell 100 percent two times ,an X sign was shown up the bb screen and then we it bb reopened evrything was gone !!!And what is the blackberry desktop software if u could explian how to do it .and sry for posting it more than once !!
Please use plain text.
JSanders

I know there is some language barrier here, but let's try this.

hishamakhras wrote:
and it counted tell 100 percent two times ,an X sign was shown up the bb screen

Please clarify that.

hishamakhras wrote:
And what is the blackberry desktop software if u could explian how to do it .

BlackBerry Desktop Software is software installed to your PC or MAC used for syncing data to and from the PC, backing up your handheld device data to your PC, and in some cases to install applications and sync media (files, pictures, videos) to your PC and handheld.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hishamakhras

At this moment iam receiving more than 500 messages (HACK.html) plzzz how can I stop this!!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hishamakhras

But how can the blackberry desktop software help me know!!!its not stoping!!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hishamakhras

What I ment is for example when u download anything it must finish till 100 percent and that's what happened when it formated it self. And sign (X) was apearing up at the blackberry screen
Please use plain text.
JSanders

hishamakhras wrote:
At this moment iam receiving more than 500 messages (HACK.html) plzzz how can I stop this!!!

Wait, please explain this. Two hours ago you were also receiving more than 500 of these messages, is this now a second set of 500 messages? Or the same set you are still receving?

From what email address? Go to your email server and BLOCK or BLACKLIST that email sender. That is simple.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

hishamakhras wrote:
 And sign (X) was apearing up at the blackberry screen

Is that X over a small picture of a battery?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.