Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
Accepted Solution

I want to swith from rSAP to HFP or similar to work with built-in car kit, how do I do it?

Hi, my car, Skoda Superb II, has a premuim car kit built in but the phone goes into rSAP mode and I'm unable to transfer a call to or from the handset to the car, or from the car to the handset.

It works OK otherwise in the car OK but if I'm already on the phone when I get into the car, I want the call to transfer to the car kit and likewise when I need to leave the car, if I'm on the phone, I need the call to automatically transfer back to the handset. What I currently have to do is to hang up the call when leaving the car and call the person back. On getting into the car I have hang up the call, start the car and let the bluetooth connect and then call the person back.

This is all very allien and looks un proffesional and if I explain to the person on the phone, they assume I'm driving a inferior car which I'm not.

I know there is a way of doing it as I had the same problem with a curve 8520.

I have experimented and found that I can set the phone up into Phonebook Access PCE mode which will if I'm on a call when starting the car, transfer automatically to the car kit. Once the call has been cancelled it resets into rSAP mode and then I'm back at square one.

Anyone know how to make this work?

Regards,

Graham

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320

Re: I want to swith from rSAP to HFP or similar to work with built-in car kit, how do I do it?

OK, I solved this for myself after much playing about with the menus and settings. Why oh why is their no direct support from RIM without haveing to purchase a support package?? This is clearly a topic that should be covered in the intruction manual sent out with the ohones, anyway this how to do it in case anyone has the same problem.

1/ Make a bluetooth pairing.
2 go to "options", press OK
3/ go to "Networks and Connections", press OK
4/ go to "Bluetooth Connections" press OK
5/ select the paired device and press OK
6/ select "Full Menu" press OK
7/ select "Options" press OK
8/ scroll down to "Services and deselect the tick in "SIM Access Profile"
9/ Press return and select "Save" press OK.

The phone now works perfectly with my built in car kit.

Sirely it is about time phone and car manuefacturers got together to develop a system that works on all car kits.