Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: blackberry 8830
My Carrier: Telus

ISP Free BB e-mail

My ISP Telus offers a plan with free BB e-mail..  However, I do not intend to install Data Services (internet)  Do I need to access blackberry Msg Service to create my account and can I do it from the home computer.?? Once I have created the account can I access my e-mail from home and the Curve 8330 which I will be installing with ISP ?

Do I have to become a BB Mail subscription to receive the e-mail.  Confused as to how to access and use service.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: ISP Free BB e-mail

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To use any BB-proprietary services, you need some level of BB data account on your BB...email is one of those, regardless of who the email provider is. But, there are also a great mix of different plans available from different carriers...and they (the carriers) are usually the best bet for clarification. So you really should ring up Telus and ask them for their specifics.

If the email account is an @telus or @bb type of account, those typically are only accessible from the BB itself, not via any other email clients. But, that could be different...again, the carrier can tell you for sure.

As to how to create the account, that as well is a question best directed to Telus...there are hundreds of carriers in the world, each with their own systems and methods...they, therefore, are best situation to provide the specifics you need to get going.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code