If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
pinkdaisies
My Device: T-Mobile Curve 8320
Accepted Solution

ISSUES re: can't sync gmail calendar to Blackberry Curve 8320

My calendar syncing has been working great, then all of a sudden yesterday I notice my appts are showing up twice on my calendar.  Also, I can't get any of my calendar entries to delete off my Blackberry!!  I have:

1)deleted things off my BB and off my Gmail calendar online(I don't use Outlook) to try and delete unneeded items

2)I've tried syncing over and over again but my BB won't update with the correct info

3) I took off the auto sync feature and set the BB to manual sync only, then tried to resync just the handheld to delete all handheld calendar events

4)I moved ahead in the calendar on my BB to a date in the future, then tried to delete all prior events

None of these solutions have worked.  Can anyone help????

TIA

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: ISSUES re: can't sync gmail calendar to Blackberry Curve 8320

You've been busy!

Do you have one good calender with your events listed with out duplicates?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinkdaisies

Yes, I have been busy..and frustrated! LOL

Currently, yes I have a correct version of my calendar.  It is my gmail calendar online.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

On your BB go to calender. Get in AGENDA VIEW, go to a future date ( I used Jan 2009) WHILE IN AGENDA VIEW)  OPTIONS - DELETE PRIOR. This should clear the BB calender. Set Google back to normal sync and try it again

Please let me know how it goes!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinkdaisies

No, I said in my original post that I chose a date in the future and tried to delete all priors and it didn't work.  I tried this step again just to make sure, but it still doesnt' resolve the problem.  My new updated calendar items appear, however, the old ones are still there too. They just won't delete.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinkdaisies

One more thing to add,

whenever I try to open one of the "old items" that supposedly has been deleted on my handheld, I can't open it.  I get a dialogue box that says "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed."  Also, there is a small alarm bell icon next to these old appointments.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Re: ISSUES re: can't sync gamma calendar to Blackberry Curve 8320

Try a battery pull, while the phone is ON, leave it out for a minute, replace it and let the device reboot 1-3 min.

See if the bb calendar has been erased

Let me know!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinkdaisies

OMG...it worked!! Sheesh, something so simple is the solution sometimes. I'm new to the Blackberry world, and if this were my desktop pc or my laptop, I've have Ctrl-Alt-Deleted without a 2nd thought.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Great!

Please resolve the post using the options over the kudos's star!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
julianabr
My Device: Not Specified

I'm using the Blackberry Pearl 8130 and am having the same problem (getting the message "appointment deleted externally...") when trying to view a sync'ed appointment from google calendar. 

But doing the battery pull and reboot is not working for me.  I've done it a couple of times, waiting a few minutes with battery out each time.

I'm using the latest version of google sync (4.6). I'm also having other problems with G-sync (entries made on BB don't sync to online), so I'm sure this is part of the issue.  But the battery thing seemed to work for other BB users sync'ing with google.

Help!  :smileyhappy:

juliana

Please use plain text.