Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

barbdoran
My Device: Not Specified

Importing address book: techno-moron needs help!

I could use some advice on something.  I have three separate address books: my outlook, my old Treo, and a partial download from the Treo to the blackberry I recently bought.  How do I get all of my treo data on to the blackberry? Verizon said they could only export the names and phone numbers, and left behind the addresses and lots of notes.  Is there a way to get the rest in?  i literally have thousands in there.

One problem may be that I already have lots of names and data in my outlook but they are largely different from the treo address book (business v personal). I would love to combine them ALL in the outlook and the blackberry, but not sure how to do this without erasing existing contacts when importing new ones.

Is there a solution? Also, how do you back up the balckberry info? There was no backup software with the phone.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Importing address book: techno-moron needs help!

barbdoran wrote:

I have three separate address books: my outlook, my old Treo, and a partial download from the Treo to the blackberry I recently bought.

One problem may be that I already have lots of names and data in my outlook but they are largely different from the treo address book (business v personal). I would love to combine them ALL in the outlook and the blackberry, but not sure how to do this without erasing existing contacts when importing new ones.

Is there a solution?

hello,

the easiest way if to use Outlook as a rosetta stone. The first step is to have an Outlook database clean : synchronize all the Treo address book with Outlook Contacts, using your regular Treo application. I know, it's hard since there are so many. You should have done that a long time ago...

then with the Desktop Manager, you can synchronize outlook with the Blackberry addressbook.

In my opinion, if you do that, it will allow you to dissociate the two worlds : Treo/Blackberry, and using seamless applications from each world will help you.

Good luck

barbdoran wrote:

Also, how do you back up the balckberry info? There was no backup software with the phone.

The backup is done from a desktop application, the Desktop Manager.

You can do a complete back-up, or a selective one"I only want to backup the calendar events"

You can install the Desktop Manager from the CD or from the website of Blackberry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.