Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
covalentblonde
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

Impossible to configure email on phone

Please can anyone help? I have a Curve 8520, it's quite old and is due for upgrade next week, I was all set to get another Blackberry but now I'm not so sure.

This week I changed my gmail password, and blackberry won't let me log-in or re-setup my gmail. I've checked that IMAP is enabled, sent service books, restarted the phone, nothing works. I even set up a new yahoo account since gmail wouldn't work anymore on the phone, and it won't let me setup the new yahoo address either, it says it's invalid but the log-in details are fine on the laptop.

Could it be that my current phone is just past it and the gmail password change has corrupted it beyond repair? I ask this because, if it's just this phone and not a general Blaackberry issue, then I'll go ahead and upgrade to a new Blackberry and be confident that my email will work on the new phone. Otherwise, if it's a Blackberry issue, I don't want to send for a new phone that isn't going to let me set up my email.

Is there anything else I can try, besides what I've already done, to get my email to set up and work?

If anyone can help I'll be very grateful, this is driving me a bit crazy...

Thankyou :smileyhappy:

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Impossible to configure email on phone

Hello covalentblonde

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Currently how may email account you have configured in your device ? 

Also when you tried to recend those Service Book have you recieved those messages in your message box ? 

let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
covalentblonde
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

Hello, thankyou for replying :smileyhappy: I have one other email address besides the one that won't set up. When I sent the service books I had a message saying the account was activated, but minutes later another message telling me the account was inactive and to enable IMAP (which I'd already done). It's perplexing to say the least.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi there,

As your issue is complex so my reply will be a more explicit , I hope you don't mind :smileyhappy:

First , Some carrier allow upto 10 email account while a few allow only one or two , so first you need to call your carrier to confirm if they have such restrictions .

If your carrier Vodafone allows as many then you should try those steps in the same sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Delete and Resend your Service Book

• KB05000 : Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

After reboot Go to Setup > Email account and try to add / edit any email account .

If still having the same issue then use your BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/integrate  to add/ edit any email account . So try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.