Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

In my BlackBerry Curve 8520 any application is not working

Hello..

My name is Hamza Qureshi. I am using blackberry curve 8520.

My service provider is Airtel Prepaid.I am facing some problems when i am using 2g plan in my curve 8520 then except browser not a single application is not working like (whatapp, wechat, line, operamine browser) not a single 1. May i know the reason?

I had reset my phone last month and from that point of time i m facing the same problem infact the wifi is also not working, when I connected my phone with the wifi of my home is shows that its connected but its not working. 

I thought the problem is that my blackberry id and bis plan is not activated in then i recharge it for 1 week and create by bb id and that particular period of 1 week I downloaded the application but after that I am facing the same problem so can any one help me in this.

Right now i am using 2g plan but except browser nothing is working not a single application nor a wifi.

please help me I wanted to use these app on 2g plan not on BB plan or airtel.

So kindly provide me a proper resolution regarding my query.

I am requesting with warm warm warm regards

Solutions: 6,072
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: In my BlackBerry Curve 8520 any application is not working

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?

You must, in order to get the RIM push email functions you are looking for, as well as additional BlackBerry data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Messenger, and much more.

So, call your carrier and inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Sir I already activated the blackberry data plan for 1 week and installed whatapp wechat etc, and all are working properly for that period of 1 week but after that any of these applications are not working and also the wifi is not working it shows that it is connected but internet if not working though wifi so can you tell me the solution....

I have reseted my phone lst mnth is there any setting problem for wifi plz hlp me yaar .... 

Solutions: 6,072
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

mhqureshi wrote:

the wifi is not working it shows that it is connected but internet if not working though wifi so can you tell me the solution....

Go to your Options > Browser > General settings and make the browser a Hotspot browser.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code