Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: 447811182023

Incoming call problems

Hi, please forgive me for posting what might seem quite a dumb question to ask.

I'm relatively new to using a Blackberry and all has been fine, but yesterday and today i've found that if I receive an incoming call I can hardly hear the person the other end of the phone. I've upped the volume to loud on profile and at the side of the phone but wondered if there's anything else I can do or if it's a problem with the phone itself? I'd be really grateful if anyone could give me some helpful advice on this. Many thanks in advance. 

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Incoming call problems

1. Is this call volume through the phone earpiece speaker, or the speaker phone?

2. Check your Phone screen > Options > Enhanced Audio, is that enabled?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: 447811182023

Thanks for replying. It's when I answer a call without speaker being on. I've just had a play around with it and found call management, then in-call settings and for some reason the volume control wasn't at 100% which I hadn't touched since owning the phone. I've changed it to 100%, tested it and it seems to work fine now. Thanks for your help anyway, don't know why it suddenly went down 

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You'll notice a setting in those phone options to always make the call volume same as previous.

ALSO:  You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code