Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: 02

Insertion of extra letters

Hi Guys

I am new to this so please bear with me.

I was just hoping that someone could please shed some light on a problem i have with my Blackberry Curve 8520. Just recently it has started to type extra "a" in when i use it then all of a sudden the "alt" button is putting in * when i press it.

I read somewhere that it maybe water damage, but i don't take it near water then i heard it may just be the keypad sticking or  thirdly it could be the software needing to be upgraded.

Can anyone on here please help if you have had the same problem and managed to sort it or even if you had to get a new phone. Any reply would be useful for me to know if i have to replace it or it can be fixed. 

Thank you so much guys:smileyfrustrated:

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Insertion of extra letters

Hello tinseltown12,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone keyboard.

Perform a reload or upgrade the BlackBerry® Device Software to verify whether or not the issue is software or hardware related. For more information on this procedure see the following article:

How to update or reinstall BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03901

If the software reloading process fails to resolve the issue, we suggest that you contact your point of sale for options.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!