Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
amietmadan
My Device: Blackberry 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Install Applications on Blackberry 7.1

Does anybody have any idea if there is an option to install applications on external memory card while using blackberry 7.1 (Blackberry Curve 9320) instead of installing them on internal memory which is very insufficient (only 512 mb).

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Install Applications on Blackberry 7.1

Hello amietmadan

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

You cannot Install Applications on your external memory card or on your media even if on OS 7.1,However you can store your Media contents like songs ,videos ,pictures ,BBM chat history,BBM contacts etc. 512 mb is enough memoy to run all required applications within our device ,By the way what applications you want to Install on your device .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amietmadan

I wish to install themes and games.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello amietmadan

When we install games or theme they will be stored on your device memory not media card .You can Install themes on your  device it won't  take much space and for games I prefer install only those that you want because our device need space  to run smoothly.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amietmadan

Thanks Prince. How much space you will advise to be kept free in 512 MB internal memory so it runs smoothly and does not hang.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi amietmadan

I don't know if anyone agree but I prefer minimum of 100MB for curve models as it don't have a powerful processor as compared to some Bold models,I am sure if you maintain this you won't  have any problem in long run and your device will run smoothly.

Also you can remove any additional language pack from your device it will increase the free space.your device supports Memory card upto 32 GB so Install a 32GB MicroSDHC or less on your device if you want to store more media files or any . 

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amietmadan

While we know that we have 512 MB internal memory. How much space does blackberry OS 7.1 uses out of this and what is the exact amount of free memory on which can store themes , games and applications.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi amietmadan

Your device has an Internal Memory of 512 MB, And OS 7.1 along with all BlackBerry Native applications Installed it will leave around 145MB  to 155 MB free to use all other third party applications.You can Install games and themes or any application it won't consume much space ,But yes Install only those that really need .

You can always look in to your device to know how much free internal memory you have left ,To know that On your Home Screen Go to Options > Device > Device and Status Information > Scroll down to buttom to see Free Memory . Or HomeScreen > Options > Device > Storage > Application Storage = See the free space available on your device memory. 

Prince

Please use plain text.