Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Greg_Tingey
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange

Instructions missing or useless

Just bought a new 9320

Can't get messages to play a tone/tune at all - merely "vibrate".

Jus bought a download of a tune to use for ringtone - got message on phone that it has been sent.
Can't find it, nor how to load said tone onto the machine.

General complaint: Instructions are vague & in abbreviated geek-speak, not plain English.

All contributions gratefully recieved.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Instructions missing or useless

Hi Greg_Tingey,

Have you tried editing your sound profile? You can do this by clicking on the speaker icon on your notification bar, choose Change Sounds and Alerts, then choose Sounds for Selected Profile. You can then edit the desired message alert.  Make sure the volume on the alert is not on Silent.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Greg_Tingey

Got sounds now, but still can't (re) find instructions to turn "Loudspeaker" on, as ringtone is still too quiet, even when set to "10" for volume .....
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Are you using the default ringtones on your BlackBerry® smartphone or your own downloaded ringtones?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Greg_Tingey

A down loaded ringtone

[ The Promenade from "pictures @ an Exhibition"]

There may be other, louder versions available .....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Greg_Tingey

Actually, it is much worse than that - but I suspect the fault is with the so-called "service-provider" who is/are orange/EE.

See below:

What’s wrong with my BlackBerry 9320, & the supposed service that comes with it.

Bought @ “EE” (formerly “Orange”) in the Mall, Walthamstow, on 14th November 2012, for £132.89.

1] I am supposed to be able to access e-mail.
I cannot.  I have had (an utterly useless) special email account created by “orange”, which has nothing in it, & which I do not want or need   I have my own email account [ fledermaus@dsl.pipex.com ] which I am completely unable to reach.  So far, every attempt to open an access to this account has failed.

2] I may or may not be able to access the internet ….

On the phone itself, is a message, from BlackBerry including an option for learning how to use the phone, including internet access.  Every attempt, so far, to open this facility has failed, with a rejection message appearing on the phone.

3] BlackBerry Apps are supposed to be enabled on the phone, for which I am paying £5 a month.  Every attempt, so far to enable “maps” has failed, or, at best, only partly succeeded.

4] The ring-tone is very quiet.  I have set it on (as far as I can see) the loudest setting, but in normal use, on the street, I still cannot hear it “ringing”, unless I have the phone in my shirt-pocket.

5] I have no idea at all what tariff I might be paying for email & internet access, assuming that I can ever get them working.

6] I would appreciate an explanation of ALL the available PAYG tariffs, including my own, very old one.

6] When I first bought an “orange” network phone, I opened an account with username & password.  But my phone was a very basic model [ Nokia 2610 ], so I never had cause to use this facility, which I now need.  But I cannot remember my USERNAME (NOT the password – see note @ end.) – however, there is no facility to get “into” the system to either close, or re-activate the account.   Furthermore, it appears that “orange/EE” do NOT HAVE an email address to which difficulties of this sort can be addressed.

There is only the interminable voice-over phoning.

For a modern communications company NOT to have an e-mail access for customers is simply not acceptable custom & practice in 2012!

7] I appear to have a facility called “BlackBerry Messenger”.  What use is this & how does it work?  (Does it work?)

Note:
Is $Username of the format:

Firstname Lastname / Firstname.Lastname/Firstname_Lastname/

First(short)name Lastname/First(short).Lastname/ etc …… ?
The number of possible combinations is quite large.

HELP!

Please use plain text.