Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bouygues Télécom

Internet Connection Problem

BlackBerry Curve 9360

Bouygues Télécom (French)

V 7.1.0.714

Hello, I sent back my phone to BlackBerry to repair it (some defaults). When I get it back, Internet didn't work, and i can't use it today (I haven't the Blackberry's logo in the top right hand corner, only 3G or edge, but not EDGE). I call Bouygues Télécom, but no success. The seller said me that my phone is jailbreaked, so I should manually configure it.

I'm looking for a way to configure my blackberry to have internet. My subscription includes internet.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks.

(Tell me if my english is bad.)

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Internet Connection Problem

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

The 9360 is, according to the records I can find, properly supported by your carrier. Hence, the automatic configuration methods should work. I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then should again contact your mobile service provider for formal support...ask them to check if this BB is the exact same you sent away, or if it is a replacement. If a replacement, then they may need to migrate your account from the old BB to this one.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for your complete anwser.

I didn't manage. Maybe because I can't register my email address, because of non-access to internet. I tried connected by WiFi, but it didn't work either.

First, I picked out the battery, but nothing changed. After, I did the 1st that you proposed to me. The message was sent, but I think that I can't receive the answer because the email addres isn't configured !

The second didn't work. I don't know what to do.

Maybe another idea ?

Hall of Famer II

Hello again,

FYI -- Those were steps...to be conducted in order...not out of order as you did...and each depending on the success of the prior step before proceeding. Hence, since when you did get back to the first step (register HRT), and that did not result in a message to your BB (a configured email address is completely irrelevant...this message comes direct from the carrier system to the BB and is not email), then you fall out of the steps and drop to the last paragraph I gave you. Please review that and proceed as it says.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Oh..I see. I tried to register, & I'm waiting for the message, but it doesn't want to come..

Hall of Famer II

Yes, you already told me that. Which is why I suspected that your BB may not be the same one you sent away for repair...you may have received a replacement instead. If so, then your account with your carrier needs to be shifted from the old BB to this replacement one so as to restore your services.

But, the only people who can a) validate if this is the same or a different BB, and b) accomplish the shifting of services if this is indeed a replacement BB, is your mobile service provider...only they have access to the necessary "back end" systems to accomplish those tasks...no one here can do so, and you cannot do so on your own. Indeed, even if this is the exact same BB, only they (your carrier) can look "behind the scenes" to see why your BB is not properly registering to their network.

You need to talk to them. After all, you pay them for your services, as well as your formal support...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I'm sure that is mine. I recognize the back of him.But they did an OS update which erase all.

So you mean that I should link my BB with my BB ID to receive the message ? I think that i already did it, but I'll try.

Hall of Famer II

I do not think you are understanding me. But, if you have not linked your BB to your existing BB ID, then yes do that. But my suggestion remains to contact your mobile service provider for formal support and assistance...only they can see what needs to be looked at to figure this out and fix it.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yes yes, I have to call them. I wanted to do this manually, but if it doesn't work..

Thanks for your help. Smiley Happy