Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
good_lee
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

Internet browsing question

I just recently purchased a blackberry and love it. I only have one question that I cannot figure out. Say I go to a website and a number is next to a command (press 3 for post, press 0 for home, press 2 for your profile, etc), and I press the number key, it does not work. I have tried everything from the alt command then the number, holding down the key, to browsing the configuration of my device. Anyone have any tips? Thank you
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Internet browsing question

Hi Good Lee, and Welcome to the forums!

When you scroll over the field you want to chose does it highlight? Just like a Google search when you highlight the search result you want to look at. If It doesn't highlight (for lack of a better term) It's not a valid field for entry.

If you send me the link I can take a look at it and see exactly what you are talking about.

Let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
good_lee

Thank you bifocals for the welcome. Yes, it in fact does highlight the entry. I have AT&T so on Media Net it says 1 for WHAT'S HOT 2 for TONES, GAMES, APS, etc... Another site you can visit if you don't have AT&T is mocospace.com. I do appreciate your help
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

On mocospace I see 1) Sign UP and 2) login. Instead of entering the number just highlight it and click the trackball on it. Like on Sign up I just clicked on the words which is the field for input.

Does this help?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
good_lee

I have been doing that but am the type of person who loves shortcuts. If you go in a little further say into your profile, there are more options. Like # for home or * for my profile 7 for view my profile, etc. Thank you for looking into it =)
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

These shortcuts work on numeric keypads, especially for handheld device that do not have easy navigation things (buttons, wheel, trackball, stylus). For instance, on the browser of my Motorola Z3, I can only go down and up, the other arrows are for previous page and next page. The numbers are not used by its browser so they may be used by the webpage. If you want shortcuts, and don't like the trackball for navigatino, you can do a simple find. In your example, 1) Sign UP and 2) login on your Browser, you can just type f-s-i-g-n-ENTER-ENTER and you're signing up.

• f => opens the "find:" prompt
  • sign is the link you want to reach
  • ENTER does the search
  • ENTER clicks on it.
Same for the other link : flog-enter-enter works.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
good_lee

that does help me out... thank you
Please use plain text.